Water main check valve, no expantion tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water main check valve, no expantion tank

our county doesn't require expansion tanks they require an adjustable relief valve on the cold water side of the water heater and also a t & p valve

Comment

Re: Water main check valve, no expantion tank

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
      In my area, the CA Department of Public Health under PUC Rule 16c is requiring that public water purveyors assure that their water systems are protected against backflow from consumers' premises. Their method of compliance is to demand that their customers install approved backflow prevention assemblies at the point of service. At this time, only commercial users are being required to conform. I assume it will eventually trickle down to residential users.
      Funny thing is, no mention is made in the water company notices of the necessity for an expansion tank on the user side of the assembly. Every one I've bid, I've explained the need for a tank. If they don't want to install an expansion tank, they get to sign a waiver before we commence installation of the back flow device. And, since the install requires a permit, there's a good chance the inspector isn't going to sign off until he sees a tank in place.

IN THE 1990'S I BELIEVE 1992 THE FEDERAL CLEAN WATER ACT. WENT INTO EFFECT NATION WIDE AND THIS WAS MANDATED FOR ALL WATER
      SYSTEMS
      MY OLDER BROTHER LIVES IN A SMALL TOWN ON TWO WELLS TO SUPPLY
      ABOUT 50 HOUSES AND THEY EVEN HAD TO DO IT ALSO.

NOW I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OTHER PLACES BUT IN A LOT OF AREAS I
      HAVE DONE PLUMBING WORK IN I HAVE FOUND THAT MOST WATER CO. GUYS KNOW VERY LITTLE OR NOTHING ABOUT PLUMBING CODES
      THEY ARE ONLY CONCERNED WITH THE WATER TO THE METER
      AFTER THAT THEY DON'T CARE MUCH ABOUT THE WATER ! !

SO THEY DO NOT ADVISE HOMEOWNERS ABOUT THERMAL EXPANSION TANKS !!!!!!!!!!
      JERRYMAC
      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
      X