Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bathroom rough in verification with 3D pictures.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom rough in verification with 3D pictures.

I want to know if I am approaching this problem correctly for my basement bathroom. The green pipes are ones that are existing. The white ones are ones that I will be adding or modifying. Dimensions are approximate to plus or minus 6 inches.

I will be adding a sink off of the vent for the toilet, and adding another bar sink off of the drain for the washing machine, as well as hooking up all of the venting to the stub that comes out of the floor from the upstairs bathroom. I have to route around framing and duct work hence the weird bends in the venting, but this shouldn't cause a problem, correct?

Also, on the line that feeds the washer and bar sink, do I only need the vent above the bar sink? IE is the second vent not necessary?

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files

Re: Bathroom rough in verification with 3D pictures.

I saw someone's reply quickly but it disappeared. Anyway I made the modifications recommended. I added the P trap for the washer (is this the correct way to do it?). I also eliminated the dip in the vent near the existing pipe since it was not necessary, and I can understand why it would cause problems. Finally, I think that I am using the sanitary tee's and combo's correctly now.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is what I ended up doing. Hope it is correct!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by xoltri View Post
        this is what i ended up doing. Hope it is correct!
        yes that is the correct way to do it !

Now you apply for your official plumbers card ha ha lol
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

impressive drawings!

Comment

Thanks! They were made with google sketchup.

Comment

what is the other trap behind washing machine line for? around here anyway the washer needs to run independent on its own 2" line to a 3" with full 2" vent

Comment

Bar sink on the other side of the wall. You can see that I didn't have any other option to run the drainage. That is a structural wall.

Comment

how many feet is it from the point where washing machine wye ties in and trap to bar sink? id be worried about soap backing up into the sink line if its too close

Comment

Its only a foot or so away but it is a high efficiency washer if that matters. Low suds and low water usage.

Comment

is that a 2" pipe the washer dumps into? new machines dump a lot of water really fast 1 1/2" pipes cant keep up is where the problem arises

Comment

No it's 1 1/2 but it's been that since we moved in and it has not been a problem. It's a really short run.

Comment

I ran the washer and there was no back flow into the drain for the sink, so I am confident that there will be no problems. Thanks for all the help! I've started boarding up the walls now.

Comment

Unless I'm looking at the drawing wrong, I think that you effectively "wet vented" your toilet. This means that you utilized a fixture vent for another fixture's drain. If you ever go to a pressure assist toilet or even some of the newer 1.6 or 1.28 gpf toilets with very fast flushes, there is a possibility that you may see the trap get blown out on the lavatory (keep that in mind if you ever get a sewer gas smell in the bathroom). I would have run the lavatory waste over to the laundry location and tied in there. Then tie the lav vent in with the toilet vent. It should still work fine though.

Did you use Autocad for the drawings? They look great!

Comment

im with him. do be carefull if u go with a pressure assist remember that or right it down. they are great WC but it will BLOW that lav trap off with the way you have it roughed in. i guess im a little late on this post but it looks like a good set up you have. google sketchpad nice drawings.

Comment

Working...
                              X