X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these? pics

Can anyone help me in indentifying what these are? I found 4 of them in a house I bought. The old owner was involved in home building and they were in a box with a variety of plumbing parts, that's all I know....I've never seen them before.
    Thanks,
    Attached Files

Re: What are these? pics

Do the springs...for lack of better words "spring'?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Wire Pullers.

J.C.

Comment

No, the springs do not "spring" they are welded to the coil. On the plastic is "DCS" and "1/2". I was thinking they were placed in concrete and used to thread up bolts, but the hole at the bottom of the coil would let concrete in...so I don't know. The are about 4 inches long.

You say Wire puller? How so? How would it work?

Comment

I think he meant leg pullers.

Comment

i think they were old school 1/2'' threaded concrete anchors. the plastic tapered plug would unscrew after the pour. that's what kept out the concrete prior to the pour.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
              Starting to make sense now. But the other end of the spring (opposite end of the blue plastic) it is open, so concrete would work it's way up the spring /thread part. Was there another piece (maybe plastic?) to block the concrete from working it's way up?

Comment

I've never seen one of these so don't know. But, if the plastic piece is threaded into the spring wouldn't that portion of the spring be protected from concrete penetration?

An image of the spring core from the bottom angle might be illuminating.

Rick, good call. You are a veritable font of information. Someday when I grow up I want to be just like... some rich handsome guy who gets to scuba dive all day long.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I knew in a heart beat. installed many of them. I also knew Rick would know.

Helical concrete in beds. When We would strip gang concrete forms on a hi rise,this is their application. We embed them in the top of lower pour. We raise the gang form with crane and scaffolding attached. Run she bolts into the threaded coils below. these inbeds had My Young life in their grip Up 40 stories in Boston 1960 s . carpenters local # 40
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

No, no, no those are bottle openers
                    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
                      No, no, no those are bottle openers
                      This forum is turning into The Liar's Club.
                      I think you meant Cork Pullers!

Comment

Working...
                      X