X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floor drain

My family has an old farm house that we think dates to the late 1800's. I'm sure that plumbing wasnt part of the house when build but it has it now. My problem is that there is a floor drain in the basement that has a lot of water coming out of it. There is a sump pump that doesnt have any tile to it, just a hole in the floor. If the sump pump quits there will be a foot of water in the basement within a couple hours. I'm not 100% sure but i think its on a septic system. The main sewage lines go into the basement floor. The floor drain seems to point where I believe the septic system is. The water doesnt smell, but the house has been vacant for several years so there might not be too much in the septic tank. I think i need to locate the floor drain line and see where it goes. I'm not real sure how to do this, any ideas? Do you think a camera in the line would be able to tell me anything? The main sewer line is cast do you think they used cast in the floor drain? I was told the house hasnt had any updates since the 50's so all the plumbing was done before that.

Thank you,
    Tim

Re: floor drain

experienced help is on the way! I think this will be Your answer. A plumber with a camera and locator will locate where this goes to. I'm sure We can recommend an honest competent plumber in Your area. good luck Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: floor drain

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      experienced help is on the way! I think this will be Your answer. A plumber with a camera and locator will locate where this goes to. I'm sure We can recommend an honest competent plumber in Your area. good luck Tool
      Ps stay away from the nationwide rooter company's. I find the price is much higher than a
      local family Buss. Plus the individuals are much more competent !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
      X