X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venting question....

I own a mfg home with the vaccuum vents under the sinks. Have you ever experienced one of those sticking shut? I know they'll fail and open. I'm trying to decide if the line is plugged or if the vent is not working.

The layout is vent under the bathroom sink, bathtub drain (subject to lots of my wifes hair), shower. What's happening is my shower drain starts to fill up while I'm showering then burps and drains, then starts all over again. I don't know how the tub drains but the sink drains slow too, which could have her hair in it too.

Of course I'm too lazy to just cable it or take the vent off and find out for myself.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Venting question....

call a pro.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Sounds like a small blockage causing positive pressure at times. The vent could also need replacing.

J.C.

Comment

I am with JC on this one. I will assume that these vents are the old style provent ( I believe black if I remember correctly), if so they are junk from the start. Remove and replace these with a sutable studor vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
          call a pro.
          Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
            I am with JC on this one. I will assume that these vents are the old style provent ( I believe black if I remember correctly), if so they are junk from the start. Remove and replace these with a sutable studor vent.

The vent is black and crammed up against the sink bowl. I'll likely have to cut it off and relocate it a bit. I doubt I'll be able to get it unthreaded. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks for the insight and smart assed comments!

Comment

i would pull trap on lav first. i'm lazy and cheap. if tub works replace vent. when i had the trap off i would shot the drain with my k-38. breid..............

Comment

Good thought. I'll give that a try first. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X