Gas log install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas log install

Solid brick on this one ! In CALIF. We have a lot of wood frame false chimneys with Metal bestos chimneys. On some I remove the cap flashing and plumb the gas from inside. did this on My own home. Question is there a code distance for the GAS KEY TO WHERE EVER ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Gas log install

tool, i thought it was 5' or less. i believe it is written to allow you to strike a match and be within distance to turn it on.

of course it has to be in the same room too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I am leaving to go out of town this morning so I do not have time to look it up. That said, it would be 6' by default but I believe the UPC use to say 4'. Now Chapter 12 has been changed so much by blending in the NFPA I would have to look it up.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

What I may do is diamond cut out some fire box brick so I can have it on the face brick.
        then I'll re install with fire motar. I don't want it too much of a reach,for safety. thanks
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
        X