LP water heater sooting up--update.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP water heater sooting up--update.

At the end of Jan. I posted about my LP Water heater sooting up. Here is an update. I checked it every day and on Thursday (2 days ago) it was doing it again. Not wanting to fail to wake up some morning, I shut it off, pulled it out and replaced it with an electric. (Ya, I know all the pros and cons etc., but I didn't feel like playing guinea pig) The interesting part was when I removed the piping (LP gas) I got about a quarter of a cupful of junk out of the pipe that looked like iron filings. (copper pipe) I tested it with a magnet and it was not iron. I have no idea what it is or where it came from, but I feel quite sure that it was affecting the orifice. Any thoughts?

Re: LP water heater sooting up--update.

i have no idea what was in pipe. use your imagination. it could be anything. good call on electric wh. if i remember right the real savings is from ng. lp and electric are about the same. in indiana at least.i have not put in any thing but electric since we have the new wh. give the customer a choice, they pick electric everytime. breid..............

Comment

Re: LP water heater sooting up--update.

sounds like the same thing I dump out of the old copper lines they used to run natural gas in the small towns around here. maybe high sulfur in the propane? is that even possible?
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
      X