X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stem question...

Hello, first time post! I need some help to see if anyone can spot the following stem faucet valves that I have in my home... so far I know that it's close to impossible to know just by the pic which brand it is, but my questions are:

1. Can I remove the current stem valve and replace it with a cartridge type valve? are they compatible, meaning not have to replace the whole valve unit? has anyone done this b4?
    2. If I'm stuck using these large stems, where can I find some really nice looking Trim Kit that does not look cheap? after all, I'm putting on new tile as we speak.

BTW, I have a shower/tub system with the center stem being the one that sets it as a shower or spout...

Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Files

Re: Stem question...

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/stemident.html you can see if any of these stems match up, to me it looks to be American standard but not at all sure but looks close. If I were you I wouldn't have put the cart in front of the horse and would have replaced the faucet before I started putting up the new tile.
    ________
    Hawaii marijuana dispensary
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:41 PM.
    Mike

Comment

that is gerber or price pfister if it gerber no you would have to change the whole valve out if its pp you can get a cartridge that is compression style but uses a ceramic disk you just remove the seat and tightly screw in the new stem just make sure you turn the water off first hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
        that is gerber or price pfister if it gerber no you would have to change the whole valve out if its pp you can get a cartridge that is compression style but uses a ceramic disk you just remove the seat and tightly screw in the new stem just make sure you turn the water off first hope this helps.
        I think your spot on with price pfister
        ________
        HONDA NT700 SPECIFICATIONS
        Mike

Comment

Looks like it's roughed-in a little far outside the wall

Comment

I'm trying something new here, can i replace the stems for shorter ones? I mean the bonnet can be the same size... but the stems are shorter...

any comments? .

BTW, thanks for the help!

Comment

Hey, check this out!!!

I believe this is my stem: http://www.faucetpartsplus.com/product_p/405413.htm
              I remember the knobs ans detail of the trim...

Any comments???

Comment

Why would you tile the batroom and leave a non "code approved" shower faucet??

That is a price pfister shower faucet.

Comment

I just noticed something else,

that's not a bathtub

Comment

Your right Bill
                    ________
                    Extreme q vaporizer review
                    Mike

Comment

is this a little people shower? breid..................................

Comment

Allmost looks as if he removed a bathtub, made it a shower, and never did anything with the 3 handle valve?

Comment

price pfister makes the shorter stem for their more decorative line of trim. but as it was already mentioned, it looks like your valve body is too far out.

they make extensions when the valve is too deep, but i don't recall if they make a deeper flange if the valve is too far out.

since this is a new tile install, and you have left over tile i hope, why not just fix/ replace the valve with the one you're looking for?

also as mentioned, the valve doesn't meet our current code for a anti scald valve.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X