X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moen shower valve, single handle

How do I figure which Model I have ? Must be 10 years old. Do I need a cartridge puller?
    It's adding a little cold water at shower start.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: moen shower valve, single handle

tool, there are basically 2 styles of the moen shower cartridge. the 1200 brass and 1225 plastic magnum are non pressure balancing and are approx 3/4'' in diameter.

the pressure balance one is about 1.25'' diameter and has the balancing spool inside the cartridge.

mark just replaced one in vegas at his house. $40.00 from depot

if it's a plastic cartridge that's there, just pliers. if it's a brass one, usually a puller. 10 years is probably a pressure balance unit.
    if it's got volume control it's a standard cartridge.
    rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      tool, there are basically 2 styles of the moen shower cartridge. the 1200 brass and 1225 plastic magnum are non pressure balancing and are approx 3/4'' in diameter.

the pressure balance one is about 1.25'' diameter and has the balancing spool inside the cartridge.

mark just replaced one in vegas at his house. $40.00 from depot

if it's a plastic cartridge that's there, just pliers. if it's a brass one, usually a puller. 10 years is probably a pressure balance unit.
      if it's got volume control it's a standard cartridge.
      rick.
      You da Man. Tell the boss We're waiting for some lil furry critters ,we have wall posters and 50 little Pixar tee shirts . More loot next week
      Last edited by toolaholic; 02-18-2010, 01:37 AM.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The pressure balance cartridge is the Moen "posi-temp" #1222. Free from Moen (in Canada anyway).

Comment

Working...
        X