B & G pump motor cycles off and on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B & G pump motor cycles off and on

I have a Bell & Gossett 1/2 hp circulating pump motor that only runs for 6 or 7 seconds and then stops, I have heat in my house, but it just seems strange about how this just cycles on and off, I have oiled the motor,
    put on a new digital thermostat about two months ago and the motor worked fine until last week, Any thoughts on this motor,

Thanks,
    canoeingken

Re: B & G pump motor cycles off and on

If you know someone that's into electrical work or can do it yourself, try checking for power at the wiring terminals of the motor. It could be that power is applied to the motor for only a few seconds at a time.

Try setting your thermostat as high as it goes and note if the pump runs for a longer time.

About how much time passes before it re-starts.

Comment

I will try turning up the thermostat and see if it continues to run,
      Usually, the motor is only off 15 to 20 seconds and then it runs again, it does this I guess until it reaches the temperature and shuts down for a while,

Comment

I turned the thermostat way up and the motor came on several times and still only ran for the 5 or 7 seconds as before, it would keep trying to come on and run and then shut down for a while, I will have to try and figure out how to see if there is power at the terminals tomorrow,

thanks,

canoeingken

Comment

Working...
        X