X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• increasing water flow on 1.6 WC

How much can you really increase the water flow per flush on a 1.6 flush?

I know you can manipulate the flapper so it stays up longer to increase the flow but how much does it really increase?

Camered a lateral at a bank today thats been having reoccurring clogs the past couple months. Found a couple minor offsets in the 113' run.
    Never had a back up in 13yrs. Last year switched from 3.6gal to 1.6gal.

Cost to dig up HUGE$$$$ due to the set up and if I understand correctly they plan to renovate/move in the far distant future. I suggested to switch back to 3.6 gal as the low flow is certainly a contributing factor as well as lateral that is not 100%.

But their Plumber is only going to manipulate the flapper (I assume styrofoam) he thinks that will significantly increase the flow. I think it will only add another 1/2gal or so?????
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: increasing water flow on 1.6 WC

While I'm at it:
    How the he11 do you spell the past tense of camera?
    I always spell it camered. I don't think a past tense version of camera even exist?

Your up Joey, what do you think?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

thats how i spell it i heard scoped the other day since then i say i scoped the line. its according what kind of wc it is sometimes you can remove the water saver flapper and put in a korky or blue coast master and they will flush alot better but watch the water level cause if too much it will double flush. but i find in more cases than not it will help tremendously.

Comment

Experimenting with an adjustable flapper with float can help alot depending on the toilet. Also, the 1.6 pressure tank flush toilets can solve the problem sometimes.

Comment

re toilet; depends on the tank, some you can get a lot out of. You can glue an extension onto the overflow tube to bring it up to just below the handle hole, then adjust the float and get some more that way too.

re grammar; camera is a noun for the rest of the world, and nouns don't have tenses. I like 'video inspected.' 'Scoped' is pretty good too. I sometimes use 'camera'ed.'
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

How about a power assisted flush toilet?

Grammar: how about using the right word to begin with "you're" I know that is probably pointless to point out.
            ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

i use "cameraed" too.

joey approves

but it's not actually a real word

good luck finding a 3.5gpf.

most toilets tend to hold more water in the tank than what actually flushes. trying to get the bank customers/ employees to hold the handle is the best bet, but the most difficult option.

sometimes a swap in the flapper will help, or as alex mentioned, raising the overflow level will give a longer flush.

pressure flush only help with the short runs, not the long runs. 1.6 gpf is not much water to push out 113'. biggest problem is that you only have toilets and very little sink use. no showers or laundry to help purge the system.

probably more ladies that guys with that extra wipe

so the 3.5 will help mask the sewer issue. but so will double flushing.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I think Canada still has the 3 gal tanks.
                You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  pressure flush only help with the short runs, not the long runs. 1.6 gpf is not much water to push out 113'.
                  bingo.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
                    Grammar: how about using the right word to begin with "you're" I know that is probably pointless to point out.
                    Note to self: When asking a question 'bout gramer all ways get me punkshoeation and speling write.

Comment

i usually write something like "ran camera X'. camera showed (belly, break, roots, etc) at X' "

camera can be used as a verb in this context. this becomes part of the venacular of the trade. so cameraed would be acceptable. camera'ed is a contraction and i don't see it fitting. but that's just me.

steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I was wondering about that too. I chose to just use the word televised. As in, "I televised the drain and discovered a blockage consisting of vampire teabags and condoms. Have a nice day."

Comment

It depends on the water closet. Often I find a double or triple flush with a flapper manipulation.

Toto Caruso is a great flushing water closet. To turn it into a true 3.6 gallon flush the ballcock and flapper needs to be changed.It is a continous flush and has enough force to allow the proper travel distance.

How about video inspection of existing lines or camera existing lines.

Comment

Originally posted by mr bonds View Post
                            its according what kind of wc it is sometimes you can remove the water saver flapper and put in a korky or blue coast master and they will flush alot better but watch the water level cause if too much it will double flush. but i find in more cases than not it will help tremendously.
                            Often lowering the tank water level in an attempt to stop the wrong flapper from causing the toilet to double flush will result in very poor flushing performance.

As Plumb4Life stated playing with adjustable flappers is a better approach...
                            411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

how about "videod line"?

Comment

Working...
                              X