X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code clarification - IRC P2903.7

I am looking for clarification of what is meant as the "source of supply" when determining the maximum developed length for water piping. For a single family residence on a well is the starting point to determine this distance the location of the pump in a well or do you start the count from the pressure tank? The pump is about 250' from the pressure tank. Thanks

Re: Code clarification - IRC P2903.7

Originally posted by yarger1 View Post
    I am looking for clarification of what is meant as the "source of supply" when determining the maximum developed length for water piping. For a single family residence on a well is the starting point to determine this distance the location of the pump in a well or do you start the count from the pressure tank? The pump is about 250' from the pressure tank. Thanks
    Not sure if I understand your question. You determine the amount of pressure & volume required in total.

I do not have the calculation table in front of me for IPC requirements but the responsibility of the plumbing contractor for my area has been determined to start at the outlet of the well tank.

However, for determining supply you must take ALL factors into the equation of what is needed.

The well production.
    The well depth.
    The pump used.
    The pipe & fittings used.
    The distances.
    The fixtures being used.

Take all of these things into consideration (and maybe some I forgot. ) and then determine your maximum load required.

Design your system from there.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
    X