X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underground fittings

I need to tap on the middle of 1 1/2" PVC main pipe to add hos bibbs on the yard. Are those fittings approved to use underground? If not, what will be the best way to tap that line? It is buried 40" deep, making it almost impossible to add a T unless I open a big area.

Thanks

Re: Underground fittings

I have used the top one the flo span for a few years with good results
    on repairs...My town runs 45 psi presure

Comment

Originally posted by Esthy View Post
      I need to tap on the middle of 1 1/2" PVC main pipe to add hos bibbs on the yard. Are those fittings approved to use underground? If not, what will be the best way to tap that line? It is buried 40" deep, making it almost impossible to add a T unless I open a big area.

Thanks

I don't use dresser couplings as I've taken the ones others installed out when they've blown.

Make big hole.

Or you could glue adapters, transition to copper, slip/sweat a T in and take off/adapt back to PVC.

But I think I'd just make a bigger hole & glue a T in.

J.C.

Comment

I'd just glue a 90 on each end of a cut out section, then two more pointing straight over at each other, with my tee between them.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I would use none of the above on a pressure line. I know from experience fixing them after they have failed. I would cut in a tee, it shouldn't be all that bad if you use the 4 elbow trick.

Comment

Thanks! You save me a lot of digging!

Comment

Working...
            X