Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: joe the LICENSED plumber. you know i've got a license, i ain't a republican. lol

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
    I wish I could the only time I rod without guide is on roof rodds and that is seldom . In the chicago land most people have finished or semi finished basements and are usualy spotless . Unless its south side chicago then you can rodd with no guide make a mess and not clean it and it will look better then when you arrived just bring two flashlights in one to aim at the hole in the wall and keep the roches in and on to use to do your work . LOL
    lol, lol. I will try your method. Most of my calls are in the basement and most are fininshed basements. do u have a problem with the remaining cable sticking out of the guide hose flapping around. i put down tarps and plastic but once i feed the cable down the drain and hit the clog and then turn on the machine to spin the cable the remaining 5 feet of cable sticking out of the guide hose starts get caught on the tarps i lay down, and i have to stop the machine and go and unravel the cable , then i can start machine again, and when i only have a foot out of the quide hose i hook another 15' section on . By the way thanks for all the tips.. i think once i get the hang of it and use all the tips everyone has said it will go alot smoother.. Right now it takes me at least 2 hours using the k-60. most of the time is spent on getting the cable out of the carrier and then once i pull it back out of the drain putting it back into the carrier and or taking each section apart so i can run it through again...........

Comment

Re: k-60 cable

if you are taking the sections out of drain don't put them back in carrier. we put down a long waterproof tarp and lay them on it. a lot easier. breid..............

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
        if you are taking the sections out of drain don't put them back in carrier. we put down a long waterproof tarp and lay them on it. a lot easier. breid..............
        Thanks breid, That does make more sense.. I wish i had something or ridgid made something that holds the 15' sections , so that you do not have to hook them back up and put them back into the carrier when your done unclogging the drain. Someone on here made one out of an appliance dully awhile back, but his sections where only 5' long.

Comment

i always roll my cables back into the carrying cage and connect them.

if i have to worry about a drip, i just use a trash bag to put around/over the cage before i move it out of the house.

there is nothing more risky than a leaking rusty sooty water heater down a flight of white carpeted stairs. when you know how to handle those situations, everything else is easy. it's all in the setup and experience.

try the trash bag with the cage. pretty simple and quick.

also toss the pin tool and make a screwdriver release tool for the cables.
          much faster and easy to handle

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X