I want a tankless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want a tankless

Loud jet engine or vibration normally is caused by gas pressure. The gas company may need to adjust the pressure. I have removed the loudness in Sarasota by doing this with many installs.

Has anyone added a four gallon reserve tank and installed a recirculating line to a tankless?It works great.

I am a fan of 8-9 gallon a minute natural gas tankless heaters that allow multiple fixtures without starving the individual fixtures. It is expensive. Here it is a wonderful addition especially when installed outdoors. No venting and the gas line isntallation is minimal as long as no windows and doors are close.

Comment

Re: I want a tankless

I had a customer contact me last summer, begging for me to install a tankless water heater. I told him, because he was on well water, and due to limited access, he would be much better served to replace his tank-type with another tank-type. He kept shaking his head. I left, thinking he understood.

SIX WEEKS later, he calls. "That tankless isn't working!" Tankless? You have a tankless water heater, in your HOUSE? "Yeah, I got a buddy of mine to install it, and it ain't working!" Oh. You mean, the heater I told you NOT to install is NOT working? THAT heater? Call your "buddy" back. "He won't do service work." Heh. I try, I really do try, not to laugh. I'll come out, I'll get it running, and then I'll tell you, again, why you shouldn't have this in your house.

I go out, clear the lines, check it over, top to bottom, get it running again. NO WARRANTY. I told you before, I'll tell you again. Well water? NO TANKLESS. And, just for some frosting on the rotten cake, the "buddy" installed the tankless between the well and the water treatment. Not AFTER the water treatment. BEFORE the water treatment. I hand him a bill. He's not happy paying it. I'm not happy even to be in his house.

TWO WEEKS later: "It ain't working again!" I should go into the psychic business. I just KNEW he would call me back! Okay, look. I was out there, and I told you not to install this. I was out AFTER you installed this, and told you to rip it out. Now, I'm telling you. You're on your own. You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think.

Comment

Working...
      X