Unloader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unloader?

Here's a picture and the documentation. This was installed on the hose testing station as a safety relief. Thanks for any other input or ideas.

I put the pressure side on the IN and the relief side on the OUT.

http://www.giantpumps.com/accessorie...ALS/22760A.pdf

J.C.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      I put the pressure side on the IN and the relief side on the OUT.
      J.C.
      I think that's your problem.

feed from pump goes to IN; that is correct.

OUT probably goes to the testing station.

there is a third port that is the bypass, that goes to the pex to the tank.

pics are a little too small for me to see clearly, but it looks like, in the second pic, pump should hook to right side, test station to left, pex to tank to the high one in the middle with the plug in it. you can move the plug to whichever of the bypass ports you don't want to use.
      Last edited by Ace Sewer; 03-15-2010, 05:52 PM.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        I think that's your problem.

feed from pump goes to IN; that is correct.

OUT probably goes to the testing station.

there is a third port that is the bypass, that goes to the pex to the tank.
        Thanks. Pretty ignorant to unloaders. But I'm learning.

Now just to make sure that I understand.

The unloader is just T'd into the pressure line. So if I understand correctly I'm to have both the in AND the out tied into the pressure line?

Basically another T at the opposite end of the gauge (run through on the T in Post 6) then tie one end to the IN and the other to the OUT? And then pipe the bypass into the tank?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

On my end, if you click a pic in the forum, it kind of blacks out an area and centers the pic.

If you double click that pic (in the black area) it will open another tab making the pic larger. Then you can click that pic and make it even larger.

Depends on the settings on the camera when the picture is taken.

The pic DOES look small to me too if I just click it one time, but very clear and larger if you're able to do as I describe above.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

the unloader becomes the tee; you install it in-line.

flow from pump to IN, flow from unloader to test station comes out of OUT, BYPASS hooks to pex to tank.

OUT looks like you have only the one choice for a port.

IN looks like it can be either the bottom or the port on the other side from OUT; swap the plug and checkball assy to change it.

BYPASS looks like the two (three?) small ports high on the body; swap the plug to the one you don't want.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

COOL!

I didn't know you could do that with the pics. Yeah, what I said above.

Comment

remove the brass t with gage

screw gage into the up leg of the galvy t

install unloader upstream of what is now the galvy gage t, OUT to galvy t, pump to IN, pex to BYPASS.

PICTURE ZOOM IS WAAAAAYYYYY COOL!

I'm gonna go look at p-cracks item caught in a line again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  remove the brass t with gage

screw gage into the up leg of the galvy t

install unloader upstream of what is now the galvy gage t, OUT to galvy t, pump to IN, pex to BYPASS.

PICTURE ZOOM IS WAAAAAYYYYY COOL!

I'm gonna go look at p-cracks item caught in a line again.
                  Many thanks. Helps alot to put more eyes and experiences on it. I think I have an understanding now.

I'll let you know if it works. Pretty sure it will.

Thanks again.

J.C.

Comment

make sure you have the handle loosened up when you start the pump!

if it's screwed down tight, you'll deadhead the pump and blow something up quicker than you can figure out what's going wrong.

might be wise to t in a dedicated relief or a rupture disc set to maybe 1500psi or so as a safety

Comment

Working...
                    X