No announcement yet.

Which is best tankless water heater?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which is best tankless water heater?

Originally posted by rich121 View Post
    I have read the bad and the good...which does make it confusing about purchasing a tankless heater, so what do the experts think?

I am in the middle of a complete remodel of my home...wiring, plumbing etc.

The tank would be located in the basement and in the same place as the old gas water heater.

I have 2 bathrooms.

Suggestions of brands and models would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
    Rick,

Save your money. Or if you insist on wanting to spend a bundle... check out the new heat pump water heaters. Not great on recovery in gallons per hour, from what I hear, but they are relatively economical to operate.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

honestly unless you need the room in your basement, you're spending a lot of extra money with no return on your investment.

rick[/QUOTE]

Well put Rick

Comment

Has anyone on here installed one of the heat pump water heaters? If hot water is generally used once a day for the most part like at our house, it might be more economical, but is it economical enough to justify the higher cost?

Comment

If you are looking to do a central water heater, I would stick with a tank. They are so well insulated these days there are very little standby losses.

I am going to install tankless water heaters in my house, but I will have 3 of them. They are installed as point-of-use in order to save water. I am on a well and it often runs dry if water is being wasted. (running the tap, waiting for hot water)

It would be much cheaper to run a central water tank, but it's the wast of water that gets me. So instant hot water, less then a few feet from the tap/tub/shower.

Like someone said, save your money and buy a TV instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadM View Post
            If you are looking to do a central water heater, I would stick with a tank. They are so well insulated these days there are very little standby losses.

I am going to install tankless water heaters in my house, but I will have 3 of them. They are installed as point-of-use in order to save water. I am on a well and it often runs dry if water is being wasted. (running the tap, waiting for hot water)

It would be much cheaper to run a central water tank, but it's the wast of water that gets me. So instant hot water, less then a few feet from the tap/tub/shower.

Like someone said, save your money and buy a TV instead.
            If you have not installed tankless heaters yet have you thought of running a return line on your hot water side to your water heater ??? just A thught
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I think that for a tankless water heater the best way to go is a pot on top of the stove.

Comment

Working...
              X