does my new toilet require a vent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does my new toilet require a vent?

buddy said i might have problems with sink gurgle or toilet not wanting to flush. what do you guys think?
    Attached Files

Re: does my new toilet require a vent?

How long is that new 4" toilet branch?

Comment

Its about 6 or 7 feet

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher2 View Post
          buddy said i might have problems with sink gurgle or toilet not wanting to flush. what do you guys think?
          Who is "buddy" and what does he do that makes you value his opinion so?

Just curious...

J.C.

Comment

someone with a background of building maintenance. But hes admits hes not a plumbing 'professional' thats why i asked here. Now, any ideas on my situation?

Comment

Where's the bathroom sink downstairs? Didn't see it on the drawing.

J.C.

Comment

By looking at drawing I am takeing a guess your talking about the new toilet branch and if more than 4' from vent it needs an another 2" vent for the branch.Not to mention it is wet vented so with high volume of water going by lets say you flush both your toilets up stream they can possably syphon the water out of the new toilet bowl .Your new toilet will flush but watch water leval in bowl thats why wet vents are not legal.Thanks and good luck
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

looking at plans again looks like you took out one toilet but if you had a ful tub of water and draind it and flushed the toilet up stairs you could syphon the water out .So yes I would vet it . I connect it after the shower trap
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

here is the before and after pics, sorry for the crappy drawing.
                    you guys think my new shower vent will be good enough ? or should i add one for the toilet somehow???
                    and yes i know im using the wrong tee on the shower drain it will be replaced.
                    thanks guys
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dry vent! Dry vent!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher2 View Post
                        here is the before and after pics, sorry for the crappy drawing.
                        you guys think my new shower vent will be good enough ? or should i add one for the toilet somehow???
                        and yes i know im using the wrong tee on the shower drain it will be replaced.
                        thanks guys
                        you have gone that far and it dont look to bad but yes I would add a vent 6" befor W/C I would add a 4"x2" tee and kick it up with a 2" st 22 that way it is below floor leval and above water leval in line and tie into vent with shower as long as it is 2" .Hopefuly you ran the shower line in 2"
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

that short of a vent run I would run the line leval or with very littel pitch its a vent your only moveing air
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

P.S. I would also ad a vent to that lav sink so it will drain good 1.5"
                            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Ok sounds good. Thanks fellas. So tee the new 4" toilet line with a 2" up the wall. Run that vent, the sink, up to the ceiling, join with the 2" shower vent, run all the way to attic, and patch into vent there. i like it! ...

One other small problem i have is with the toilet flange. Its not cemented yet, but because of the pitch of the horzintal run, the elbow is not flush with the floor. When i cement the flange on i dont think its gonna have much play. is there a special 90 deg elbow thats maybe 91 or 92 degs to compisate for the pitch? Or should i attempt to bend the 4" pvc right before the elbow so it will sit flush?? Dont laugh im just trying to figure it out

Comment

Working...
                              X