X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moen or Delta for my DIY project

Hi All, Spent a lot of time going through posts aftar posts and have learned a lot of stuff. Nice you guys take the time to add your experinces. I'm hoping you could share your thoughs/experience on my question - I'm looking to change out the bathroom fixtures or more accuratly my wife is making me and I was wondering what brand I should steer her towards ?

Plumbing supply houses locally carry both Moen and Delta so I'm leaning that way (no Lowes or HD specials). Moen or Delta is the question ?

She likes oil rubbed bronze or brushed nickel. Oil rubbed bronze or Brushed Nickel?

We have well water so finish quality is important. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ken

Re: Moen or Delta for my DIY project

moen in brushed nickel. oil rubbed is a paint.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz07 View Post
      Hi All, Spent a lot of time going through posts aftar posts and have learned a lot of stuff. Nice you guys take the time to add your experinces. I'm hoping you could share your thoughs/experience on my question - I'm looking to change out the bathroom fixtures or more accuratly my wife is making me and I was wondering what brand I should steer her towards ?

Plumbing supply houses locally carry both Moen and Delta so I'm leaning that way (no Lowes or HD specials). Moen or Delta is the question ?

She likes oil rubbed bronze or brushed nickel. Oil rubbed bronze or Brushed Nickel?

We have well water so finish quality is important. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ken
      In all the years I have worked on faucets and shower valves in my house I have all moen Buy It For Looks Buy It For Life and I have never had a problem with there C.S. Delta on the other hand is good to turn in for scrap.But again that is my opinion and on average I fix 4 to 5 faucets or tub valves a weak. Now on for the finish your wife knows best for best results or elss.LOL
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I install Moen every chance I get.

They really stand behind their products, and i've not had many issues with them.

--------------

Help me support children’s cancer research CLICK HERE!

Comment

Look for a faucet that allows you to control the volume and temperature. The complaints I receive form clients,they cannot control volume.moentrol is a good one for that.

Comment

Another vote for Moen
            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I regularly install both Delta and Moen. If you ask me neither are as good as they used to be but then what is? (I know I'm not) I don't really have problems with either. Although I do repair more Moen's around here than anything else. I regard that as a result of the market share of Moen rather than a problem with the valve.

If money is no object you might investigate HansGrohe. The thermostatic temperature control of 1 degree C is tighter than anything either Delta or Moen produce.

If you're worried about your finishes I wonder if you need a water softener?
              Last edited by geno gardner; 03-21-2010, 12:24 AM.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                I regularly install both Delta and Moen. If you ask me neither are as good as they used to be but then what is? (I know I'm not) I don't really have problems with either. Although I do repair more Moen's around here than anything else. I regard that as a result of the market share of Moen than a problem.

If money is no object you might investigate HansGrohe. The thermostatic temperature control of 1 degree C is tighter than anything either Delta or Moen produce.

If you're worried about your finishes I wonder if you need a water softener?
                And like he said If moeny is no object not to mention try to find repair parts . I work in the chicago land area where there are plumbing supply shopes around every corner and they still have to special order grohe . Yes Grohe is very nice but for a house with hard well water start ordering youer parts now .And yes I do fix more moen then delta but there is more moen out and installed .
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                  And like he said If moeny is no object not to mention try to find repair parts . I work in the chicago land area where there are plumbing supply shopes around every corner and they still have to special order grohe . Yes Grohe is very nice but for a house with hard well water start ordering youer parts now .And yes I do fix more moen then delta but there is more moen out and installed .
                  Notice I typed HansGrohe??? I don't care for Grohe (personally)

(you'll still have to order repair parts though) On the other hand, I've never had to get repair parts for any HansGrohe I've ever installed.

On the other hand, I installed a Brizo (Delta) faucet on Friday that had a defective handle right from the box. After a 28 minute phone call Delta is sending another handle, and it will arrive in 7-14 days...
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                    Notice I typed HansGrohe??? I don't care for Grohe (personally)

(you'll still have to order repair parts though) On the other hand, I've never had to get repair parts for any HansGrohe I've ever installed.

On the other hand, I installed a Brizo (Delta) faucet on Friday that had a defective handle right from the box. After a 28 minute phone call Delta is sending another handle, and it will arrive in 7-14 days...
                    OK sorry my fault HansGrohe .But still thats even more $$$ than grohe . They are nice not going to take that away from them but like everything they do brake or need to reaplace the cartrage some time nothing works forever or we would not have jobs in service .I just perfer something that I can go to the local store to get reapair parts for when something goes wrong so it can get fixed right away . Thats just my opinion every ones opinion is diffirent thats whats great about it
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Another vote for Moen, one cartridge repair for the single control valves.
                      I've seen and repaired Delta shower valves when the body has seperated
                      from the ring body ugh too much force used in the removal process trying to replace the rubber seals. Just keep in mind imported valves are expense to repair, I've often hear customer cry about the cost for replacing worn out Grohe kitchen sprayer hoses. I remind then it's like buy a BMW, or high
                      end luxury car, speciality parts, availability, ect. As long as they have the cash I don't care.

Comment

http://www.moen.com/consumer-support/warranty this is why I like moen plus you will not go broke buying there products
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                          http://www.moen.com/consumer-support/warranty this is why I like moen plus you will not go broke buying there products
                          Better not have a faucet from 1994.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Better not have a faucet from 1994.

J.C.
                            well fortunetly for him he is remodeling his bathroom in 2010 J.C.
                            I do know what you mean there lifr time war. didnt start till I dont remember but its been around for long time
                            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

man i had the same damn problem with my wife!! she wanted this Delta shower trim and im all about MOEN it took a little arguement but ended up installing the vertical spa with all the body jets and wow she LOVES IT

Comment

Working...
                              X