X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission band questions

I'm an electrician by trade so cut me some slack. During the home inspection of my house (currently selling) the plumber stated that I had the non code bands on my drains. They are as follows 3-1.5" ci to pvc, 1-3" ci to pvc and 1-1.5" to 1.25" reducer for ci to pvc. I had bought the type w/o the stainless steel band. I went to lowes and replaced them all w/ the stainless steel band type. So my question is, am I good to go? The plumber that came to inspect estimate $490 to repair. I did it for $25 in material and an hour of my time. Apparently your guys labor rates are a bit higher then us Sparky's

Re: Mission band questions

Originally posted by Dierte View Post
    I'm an electrician by trade so cut me some slack. During the home inspection of my house (currently selling) the plumber stated that I had the non code bands on my drains. They are as follows 3-1.5" ci to pvc, 1-3" ci to pvc and 1-1.5" to 1.25" reducer for ci to pvc. I had bought the type w/o the stainless steel band. I went to lowes and replaced them all w/ the stainless steel band type. So my question is, am I good to go? The plumber that came to inspect estimate $490 to repair. I did it for $25 in material and an hour of my time. Apparently your guys labor rates are a bit higher then us Sparky's
    Depends on the job and area. Some Sparky's can put the wire brush in the drill if you know what I mean.

It depends how where you live interprets and enforces code. For this state (not OH) at one time a No-Hub was approved. Then they said transition adapters had to be used in conjunction with No-Hubs.

That's still approved but a "solid steel band" coupling with approval stickers attached is also acceptable.

Ask a local inspector for his/her interpretation. You might be good to go. That'll be $100.00.

J.C.

Comment

post the photos of the old and the new. chances are you're good to go

499 is a flat rate

i'm hourly and i'm sure an hours worth of my labor is very comprable to your hours rate

post photos and let the fun begin

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

As J.C. said not knowing OH code in IL. that would pass inspection and it does sound like a flat rate per job price not an hourly charge .Thanks and good luck
        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

They broke it down to like $135 per band or something. The place charged the buyers $90 to come out and look at the plumbing

Comment

per job rate! and thats what gives us a bad name
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
            X