Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix PVC joint leak on whirlpool tub

Hi,

I bought a spa tub that is a few years old but never installed. When I tested the unit with water all works well but there is a small drip leak from one of the PVC coupling joints that is part of the jet assembly. Please click the link below to see a picture of the leaking pipe.

http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab153/r...irlpoolleak.jpg

I don't know if there were any handling issues (lifting by the pipe) before I purchased the tub, but regardless I am looking for some advice to fix this leak. If this was not part of the jet I would cut out the faulty PVC and use coupler to rebond the pipes. I don't want to cut at the jet if possible, and simply adding more PVC bond is not a lasting repair.

It is leaking right at the joint where you see the pull tie - looks like an excessive amount of bonding material (blue) at this joint.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Re: How to fix PVC joint leak on whirlpool tub

You can cut that joint out and get the pipe out of the fitting then re-glue.

Won't be easy 'cause you can get "locked in". (Unable to get the joints together because there is no movement in the pipe.)

I have seen a leak stopped by roughing the joint and applying primer & glue around the joint.

And some have done the same procedure while applying vacuum to "pull" the glue in.

Otherwise you might have to cut the T out and replace it with one.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
    X