X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" offset C.I flange

here is a question for u older plumbers that have caulked in a few more joints than i have. i got a floor mount WC roughed in at 10" off back wall. with the type of bowl im using calls for a 12" rough. no big deal i got the offset flange but i have to lead it in. now my question is how the hell do you caulk the backside of the flange where the offset is. i cant get a caulking iron back there to pack it in.

Re: 2" offset C.I flange

it's not easy and it's not legal

pour the hot lead and caulk everything you can get to. then heat up a screwdriver/ punch to form the offset and caulk the rest that's hard to reach

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Its not legal where?? i was very questionable about that but still havent gotten a definate answer. plus i talked with my city inspector and he didnt say it wasnt legal. ill tackle it tomorrow and see if i cant post some pics i just dont have a good feeling about it cuz it was a pain in the crack to get on and half way centered up u know!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRchase600 View Post
        here is a question for u older plumbers that have caulked in a few more joints than i have. i got a floor mount WC roughed in at 10" off back wall. with the type of bowl im using calls for a 12" rough. no big deal i got the offset flange but i have to lead it in. now my question is how the hell do you caulk the backside of the flange where the offset is. i cant get a caulking iron back there to pack it in.
        I haven't seen one of these in decades. But they make (made?) a caulking iron that loops down so you can caulk a joint from below. It makes a "u" turn, or imagine a caulking iron that looks kind of like a hook. I like rick's idea. It will be far easier than trying to locate a vintage oddball caulking iron.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Look in the UPC and IPC, not legal.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I thought any offset closet flange was a code violation? Just looking at them they seem to be a clog waiting to happen.

Comment

The iron with the hook is a ceiling iron(still use one every week it seems, doing roof heads),we used to use a piece of conduit ,smashed flat and doubled up with a little curve to it to get to that back section on the collar,do a collar and throw it away.
              Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

Working...
              X