Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: 3" PVC Unions & Bushings

3" PVC Unions & Bushings

I want to use some 3" Schedule 40 PVC for a project.

Is there such a Bushing that will allow me to easily swivel two sections of 3" PVC without reducing the inside diameter of the pipe?

Also....

Is there such a Union that will allow me to easily take apart two sections of 3" PVC without reducing the inside diameter of the pipe?

Thank you,

Jim

Re: Question: 3" PVC Unions & Bushings

....the only thing that pops into my head is the fernco type connections. these

can be taken loose and slid around somewhat to allow disconnect. depending

on which type that would fit your situation.

Comment

There is but it's made for wells. Essentiantialy the end of pipe (sch 80)has 2 grooves. The groove closer to the end holds an o-ring and the one further way from the pipe holds a plastic spline rod. The coupling has a groove inside with a hole to match the spline rod. Can't remember the name of the product.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

http://www.nibco.com/cms.do?id=2&pId=60&d-1342853-p=2
        nibco has sch. 40 ftg.
        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Here is what I am trying to do.... this is a picture of another woodworkers Boom Arm. I would like to make a Homemade Boom Arm with PVC pipe...

I would like to use 3" pipe because I want to put the vacuum hose IN the pipe, and not strapped to the pipe as shown.

I would like to have the ability to take the Boom Arm apart at about the halfway point. And also I can't have any reduction of the pipe inside diameter because of the hose.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Maine View Post
            Here is what I am trying to do.... this is a picture of another woodworkers Boom Arm. I would like to make a Homemade Boom Arm with PVC pipe...

I would like to use 3" pipe because I want to put the vacuum hose IN the pipe, and not strapped to the pipe as shown.

I would like to have the ability to take the Boom Arm apart at about the halfway point. And also I can't have any reduction of the pipe inside diameter because of the hose.

Thanks,

Jim

I would use the 3" union due to the structual strength. the fernco is ruber and will flex . you could also use a no hub that has a stainless steel band around it but the union I think would be stronger only thing it is more $$$$$
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
            X