X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dang moles

I have a water leak coming out from under a concrete drive way that runs all along a slab floor house , a slow stream is coming out the side of it
    the leak is out side of the house , I drilled a few small test holes and went in at a spot i would have thought the line would go to end up at the water heater 20' into the house
    Had water in the hole then i blew air in to help get a direction.
    I could here it bubble under the concrete 5' away, broke out more concrete and followed the sound and decided the air was just coming up a mole tunnel..
    the leak is small and i know i am close but that wont fix it
    I think i just need to turn my son loose with the jack hammer to open it up between the two holes
    its a no win job

Re: dang moles

I did come up with a idea when i woke up this morning
    I have a 2" auger bit that is 2' long that i can drill some tunnels in different directions in the hole i already have to see if i can get running water lower than the mole runs

Comment

Water leak detection co?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Hmmm... I seem to remember a thread from a few years ago.... Maybe we should find it and bump it back into existence (does anyone remember the old mole discussion?)

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Hmmm... I seem to remember a thread from a few years ago.... Maybe we should find it and bump it back into existence (does anyone remember the old mole discussion?)
          Plumber...Dog...A more humble Rick...
          Ahhh,the good ole days.

Comment

My son found it about 5' away from are second hole today, Out of the 3 holes we only need 6 bags of ready mix to fix the drive way
            it was a 1" pvc male adapter broke at the threads 24" below the concrete
            glad its done

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              "When I read that it reminds me of the Austin Powers movie.....Moley, moley, moley, moley, moley!"

"Mole. Bloody mole. We aren't supposed to talk about the bloody mole, but there's a bloody mole winking me in the face. I want to c-u-u-t it off, ch-o-o-p it off, and make guacamole."

Comment

Thanks for the interest...I dont look at plumbing as rocket science
                I just rule out things that dont make sense
                pic 2 was were the water came out
                pic 3 was the first dead hole
                pic 4 was were the air bubbles came up
                pic 5 was today's hole right on top of the leak
                Sorry we dont have a lot of fancy equipment
                Attached Files

Comment

My bad only took 3 bags 4" thick and some pea gravel to match it up

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                    I have a water leak coming out from under a concrete drive way that runs all along a slab floor house , a slow stream is coming out the side of it
                    the leak is out side of the house , I drilled a few small test holes and went in at a spot i would have thought the line would go to end up at the water heater 20' into the house
                    Had water in the hole then i blew air in to help get a direction.
                    I could here it bubble under the concrete 5' away, broke out more concrete and followed the sound and decided the air was just coming up a mole tunnel..
                    the leak is small and i know i am close but that wont fix it
                    I think i just need to turn my son loose with the jack hammer to open it up between the two holes
                    its a no win job

Delcase,

What is the water line for?
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

It is the water main feeding the house

Comment

Del do yall use an air hammer , or electric??IF electirc how big??

Comment

I use a hammer drill to out line the holes ,,on this one i used my demolition hammer to take it out ...its electric
                          I have a demo hammer and a elec jackhammer ,,,before you all laugh
                          since i bought them they have paid for themselves 5 times and they are still going strong ...Both Chicago harbor freight
                          I have had name brands that spent all there time in the shop and never paid for themselves

Comment

Working...
                          X