X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Flush

Why would a toilet flush twice with one pull of the handle?

Re: Double Flush

Move the chain that connects to the flapper higher up so that the flapper closes faster.

Comment

Originally posted by wizzy View Post
      Why would a toilet flush twice with one pull of the handle?
      Most toilet bouls hold 3.5 gal. of water to help with the stregth of the proper flush. But the 1.6 is gall.of water is measuered by the flapper. When you pull the handle the flaper has that round ball on it that holds air and holds the flaper up causing it to float till all the water is out of the tank. But the 1.6 flapper has a hole in it letting the air out so the flaper closes kwicer and if you replace that flaper with a standerd flaper on a 1.6 gal. toilet where the boul is designed to flush with 1.6 gal. of water you will get the double flush sorry for the long boring speach
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Double flush good.

Green people suck.

J.C.

Comment

unless I forgot if the flapper has styrofoam on the chain and if the styrofoam is agenst the flaper then move it up higher to lessen the amount of water flushed the lower the styfofoam the more water flushed out of the bowl and also sorry for my bad spelling thats why I'm a plumberLOL!
          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Double flush good.

Green people suck.

J.C.
            what color swallows LOL
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

The flapper is taking too long to close. There are various styles. If it isn't a new toilet replace the flapper. If it is a new toilet adjust the water level down.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Double flush good.

Green people suck.

J.C.
                Yeah!!!
                Burn tires for electricity to run A/C.

Comment

I wish it was a flapper on a chain but this toilet has a tube in the center and the the flapper rides up and down the tube when you push the handle the rod pulls the round flapper up. So can't figurer away to make it close faster? Every 3 months or so I get called over to auger the toilet which is really a easy job. Tried to get the older woman to do it them selfs but don't want to. I'm thinking the double flush is causing the blockage? So if not a easy fix would a new toilet take care of this problem? I don't want to tell them to have a plumber put in a new toilet and still be calling me every three months after that. What do you think?

Comment

I wish it was a flapper on a chain but this toilet has a tube in the center and the the flapper rides up and down the tube when you push the handle the rod pulls the round flapper up. So can't figurer away to make it close faster? Every 3 months or so I get called over to auger the toilet which is really a easy job. Tried to get the older woman to do it them selfs but don't want to. I'm thinking the double flush is causing the blockage? So if not a easy fix would a new toilet take care of this problem? I don't want to tell them to have a plumber put in a new toilet and still be calling me every three months after that. What do you think?
                    So its a newer Kohler class five type? I think adjusting the water level down might help. Less water in the tank the less there is to flush.

Comment

sounds like a mansfield to me.

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                      So its a newer Kohler class five type? I think adjusting the water level down might help. Less water in the tank the less there is to flush.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

So, the complaint is not about the double flush, but about the repeated clogging.

The double flush, if it's doing anything at all except flushing twice, is probably helping to keep it from clogging more often, not clogging it (though it'll make it so it overflows when it does clog).

It's either got an object in it you are augering past and missing, or it's just a poor flusher (which may be why someone maladjusted it to give more water in the first place), or it's how they are using it.

Pop it off and flip it over and make sure there's nothing in it (or get a micro-drain). If it's clear find a way to diplomatically ask about or alude to how much and what kind of paper is in a typical flush, diaper usage, and colostomy bags. If none of that's the problem either then replace it.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

a lot of times on a mansfeild toilet 1.6 gal toilet they would have problems cloging the easy fix remove fill tub unscerw the round peice on top pull the flush assembally out whichon the 1.6 toilet is the repaire kit 211 and install a 210 repair kit which is a 3 gall. repair kit . helped with cloges but caused double flushes
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Water level is right at top of fill tube, so maybe it was ajusted to get max water in to help keeping it from plugging? That is a good point, lower water level and maybe get one flush then. One very older lady has extension on top of seat so no telling what goes down. I have to say I never bring anything back when I auger and what ever it is pushes thrue very easy. Thanks for all the good comments.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                              sounds like a mansfield to me.

My bad! Must read slower

Comment

Working...
                              X