X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double main

This house is 4 years old, tenant complained too much noise when using toilets and others. Went there and found 120 psi at the hose bib closest to the main valve, it has a B356 CASH-ACME Type EB-86 PRV and the supply pipe is a 1 1/4" copper, but looking around I found the same configuration on the opposite side of the house and the pressure at that side is 115 psi. This house has 3 baths, laundry and standard kitchen, no pool or other. I see not reason to have this 2 configurations. Valves will need repair/replacement, because they don't respond to any adjustment (would like both at 60 psi). Question: Why those 2 supplies and configuration? Any explanation? Anyone encounter that before? I am trying to reach the owner but he's unavailable at this time,

Any help appreciated

Re: Double main

is it a duplex?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

we run double mains here for freeze protection purposes, but they come in next to each other, and combine before the meter.

From what I understand of your situation, it sounds like it used to be a duplex or something requiring 2 mains.... but only being 4 years old, a total remodel would seem unlikely.

There's something with the PRV's that I'm sure I'm missing... Hopefully, a more seasoned plumber has some insight there.

Comment

Fire Sprinklers ?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by radar_40 View Post
          we run double mains here for freeze protection purposes, but they come in next to each other, and combine before the meter.

From what I understand of your situation, it sounds like it used to be a duplex or something requiring 2 mains.... but only being 4 years old, a total remodel would seem unlikely.

There's something with the PRV's that I'm sure I'm missing... Hopefully, a more seasoned plumber has some insight there.

How does double main help with freeze up ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            How does double main help with freeze up ?
            A little bit of passive recirculation, and we can add a pump if they have a real freeze problem.

Comment

No, it is not a duplex, one "main" supply 2 baths and kitchen and the "other main" the rest. According to the tenant, the water company told him that it is regulation ??? I am calling water company on Monday to figure that out. Those valves are installed vertically and both cannot be adjusted for whatever reason. According to manufacturer, those EB-86 should be installed horizontally, maybe that is the problem, I will check them after a conversation with water co about that regulation

Comment

What does "the rest" refer to.
                More bathrooms and or laundry?

I'm looking at reclaimed

Comment

One more bathroom and the laundry. I will investigate the situation better after I speak with the water co. I will like to see where and how the water heater is connected to. It was Friday evening and didn't have the chance to do a full inspection. Tenant stated that this house, since the CO had water problems (?)

Comment

Sorry, but I was not available. One 1 1/4" main for cold water and another
                    1 1/4" main for hot water (to the water heater) Crazy house and crazy customer. After bid to solve problem, he tooks the bid to a handyman and negociate a very, very low price for the repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Esthy View Post
                      Sorry, but I was not available. One 1 1/4" main for cold water and another
                      1 1/4" main for hot water (to the water heater) Crazy house and crazy customer. After bid to solve problem, he tooks the bid to a handyman and negociate a very, very low price for the repairs.
                      he will get what he pays for prvs arent cheap to fix and are tricky if you have no exp. more then likely they will call you back and you can just laugh
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                      X