X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing machine back up

I will try to explain as best I can. My washing machine is backing up into my water heater drip pan. The drip pan is tied into a 1" PVC pipe runs down below the floor runs horizontally and taps into a 2" tee connection that is tied into the 2" stack pipe of the washing machine. When the washing machine drains it backs up into the water heater drain pan. The drain pan stays full and will not drain. There is usually lint in the standing water. I have snaked it and used draino no luck. Any ideas? I have a picture that shows the connection below the floor. I don't need my water heater bottom rusting out and causing more damage

Re: Washing machine back up

Call a recommended plumber to disconnect the pan-drain and terminate properly.

Then have him/her clear the W/M drain or find the problem.

J.C.

Comment

Send out the lynch party for whoever plumbed it that way. The pan drain should not be directly connected to the building drain. It needs to be re done.

Comment

How should the pan be drained?

Comment

Originally posted by Kbarb000 View Post
          Indirectly into a floor drain.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Kbarb000 View Post
            Where is the water heater located in the house?

Comment

It was original in the garage but we walled off the back of the garage and raised the floor level with the kitchen so now it is an enclosed laundry room. The stack pipe is the same drain (which runs into garage floor) only raised. The water heater pan connects under the floor. I can't post the pic from my phone I am on

Comment

If you don't have an available floor drain you can pipe it out side. The place where the pan drain "t's " into the sewer pipe needs to be sealed too.

Comment

So if I understand you guys I need to kill my uncle who built the room. Jokes run a pipe through the wall to the outside. Disconnect t and close it off. Can I just disconnect the t and allow the pan to drain into the garage if needed under the floor ? Under the floor is a 2ft crawl space which is actually the garage floor.

Comment

I am going to say...

What would happen to the water if it ran onto the garage floor?
                    Would it run outside or would it sit and create a mold or mildew issue? Could it rot wood and ruin dry wall?
                    How easy would it be to detect a water heater leak under the floor?

Comment

Well sounds like I need to just get a pro over here thanks for all your help.

Comment

Thank you kind sirs i will call a pro over to take a look at it

Comment

If your Uncle tied it in this way he should be the one paying to have it redone properly.

Comment

Originally posted by G_P View Post
                            If your Uncle tied it in this way he should be the one paying to have it redone properly.
                            WA? Did You see the size of this Man?
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                            X