Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primer Line Overflow in basement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

    Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
    Edible oil will go rancid and smell after a while.....water is cheap!
    Then don't put edible oil in there.

    J.C.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

      What oil are you talking about? I thought you meant vegetable oil.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

        I will default to you to determine the best oil. Viscosity, type, etc. as you are a chemical engineer and would honestly probably have a more educated and broader expert opinion than myself.

        J.C.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

          I've been told mineral oil works well

          And yeah $50 is the cheep one. Perfection is expensive
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

            Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
            See the little nut under the faucet, that's where the clear pipe is connected to keep the trap primed.
            also that is a compleat cross conection of the patable water line to the sanitary line with no check valves alows bacteria and all that back into your potable drinking water not to menchin that setup is agenst coed
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

              Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
              See the little nut under the faucet, that's where the clear pipe is connected to keep the trap primed.
              thats why your a Chemical Engineer and most of us are licensed plumbers. not saying that to be meen just you didnt go thrugh aprentiship and study the plumbing coed like us .
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

                I am in Canada, not the USA. It is code here.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

                  Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
                  That thing costs 50 bucks!
                  soo???? Think the last one was $45.00 It is what it is !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

                    Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                    thats why your a Chemical Engineer and most of us are licensed plumbers. not saying that to be meen just you didnt go thrugh aprentiship and study the plumbing coed like us .
                    I was seeing a coed,then the wife found out !!!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

                      Here is a photo of my clear poly tube for the floor drain pipe (not hooked up since I and A/C and a condensing furnace which fills the trap summer and winter). It is how it's done in Ontario (around Toronto anyway). This house was built in 2007 and was inspected and passed.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

                        Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
                        Here is a photo of my clear poly tube for the floor drain pipe (not hooked up since I and A/C and a condensing furnace which fills the trap summer and winter). It is how it's done in Ontario (around Toronto anyway). This house was built in 2007 and was inspected and passed.
                        We go 1/2" not 1/4" TAKE THAT!
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

                          ummmmmmm.........ok...........

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X