X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer Line Overflow in basement

Hi folks, I'm hoping someone could help me out. I'm having an issue with the primer line (I think that's what it's called) overflowing. As the water flows down from the laundry tub faucet upstairs, into the two black tubes in the basement floor, it trickles out over the two black tubes and spills onto the basement floor. When I shut off the faucet upstairs, the water then drains down the black tubes.

It seems like the flow is too fast for the black tubes. Was this setup installed correctly? We just moved in a week ago. The house was built in 2006.

Please see pic attached. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Primer Line Overflow in basement

Originally posted by waynefish View Post
    Hi folks, I'm hoping someone could help me out. I'm having an issue with the primer line (I think that's what it's called) overflowing. As the water flows down from the laundry tub faucet upstairs, into the two black tubes in the basement floor, it trickles out over the two black tubes and spills onto the basement floor. When I shut off the faucet upstairs, the water then drains down the black tubes.

It seems like the flow is too fast for the black tubes. Was this setup installed correctly? We just moved in a week ago. The house was built in 2006.

Please see pic attached. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    This is either a joke or I don't understand what your picture is. Those two black hoses in the floor should not be connected to your DWV system at all.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Hey Mark, definitely no joke. I'm not sure what those hoses connect to. They just go downwards into the concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by waynefish View Post
        Hey Mark, definitely no joke. I'm not sure what those hoses connect to. They just go downwards into the concrete.
        The opaque tubing appears to be some sort of supply lines and the black tubes might be sleeves for the opaque tubes. Do you know what the opaque tubes go to and can you shoot a better overall picture?

Mark

Comment

What You posted is a DIY Illegal waste line. Please call a plumber for proper repair!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

id love to see pics of this laundry tub/sink particularly the drain.

Comment

Apparently, I think this is how we do things in Canada:

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...ht=primer+line

Comment

Looks to me like someome tried to make a trap primer
                ________
                TEEN VID
                Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:46 PM.
                Mike

Comment

Wow, that is horrible.

Mark

Comment

That is a trap primer set up. I had a house built in the 70's same system (but no black pipe just the clear). I now have a house built in 2007...same setup (just clear pipe). When the laundry tube is used, it feeds water to the trap in the basement floor.
                    How else would you propose to do this? I'd like to know. (besides filling the floor trap up every fews weeks with a pail of water).

Comment

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/P...ve/39422/Cat/5

I use something similar to this. Never seen a valve with a trap primer built in.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

That thing costs 50 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
                          That is a trap primer set up. I had a house built in the 70's same system (but no black pipe just the clear). I now have a house built in 2007...same setup (just clear pipe). When the laundry tube is used, it feeds water to the trap in the basement floor.
                          How else would you propose to do this? I'd like to know. (besides filling the floor trap up every fews weeks with a pail of water).
                          Light oil. No evaporation.

J.C.

Comment

See the little nut under the faucet, that's where the clear pipe is connected to keep the trap primed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Edible oil will go rancid and smell after a while.....water is cheap!

Comment

Working...
                              X