any tips for removing old 8mm nylon wall plugs with sheared off rusted bolt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tips for removing old 8mm nylon wall plugs with sheared off rusted bolt

This is a problem I come up with again and again when drain cleaning, I have to lift an old wc to jet the line, the bolts are rusted and shear off flush with the floor. If only I could get the old nylon wall plug out I could refit the wc in a few minutes with new fittings.

Re: any tips for removing old 8mm nylon wall plugs with sheared off rusted bolt

Drill it out! If it spins, drive a nail or 2 in to wedge it ,then drill.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I've tried drilling with a small bit around the broken stud (I'm not sure of the correct word here we call them asparagus in Spanish) in the nylon part and then trying to get a grip on the metal with some pliers but it's quite tricky and not very efficient, if I finally get the thing out the hole seems to have grown too much to take another wall plug. If I take a small chisel too it likewise it gets messy.

Comment

These work good for removing broken bolts.

Don't know if have Sears stores in Spain?

James

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00952166000P

Comment

what tool says. nobody said it would just jump out cause it was happy to see you. "some" work maybe involved. breid............

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
            These work good for removing broken bolts.

Don't know if have Sears stores in Spain?

James

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00952166000P

Not related to toilets but I just ordered this set last week. I should get it Monday or Tuesday. It removes pipe from plastic hubs. Decades ago I ordered the wheeler rex plastic internal pipe cutters and they've been great. I hope these work as well. I'll let you know.
            Attached Files
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
            X