X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cast iron pipe

A friend of mine is wanting to put in a half bath. On the back side of an existing full bath. The pipe that is in the existing bath is cast iron pipe. There is 2 inch drain that is no longer being used in the cast iron. Is there any way I can put a 3 inch pvc pipe to this 2 inch cast iron pipe for the toilet drain?

Re: cast iron pipe

Originally posted by rickandmargaret View Post
    A friend of mine is wanting to put in a half bath. On the back side of an existing full bath. The pipe that is in the existing bath is cast iron pipe. There is 2 inch drain that is no longer being used in the cast iron. Is there any way I can put a 3 inch pvc pipe to this 2 inch cast iron pipe for the toilet drain?
    No.

J.C.

Comment

No, I'm afraid not. If you're not comfortable cutting into this cast iron pipe I would get a referral from a friend and call a professional. Other than cutting the only other possibility might be making a connection at your cleanout.
      Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

you could blow off the toilet idea and install a urinal

that will work.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by rickandmargaret View Post
          you can increase in size like from 1 1/2" to 2" pipe without any problems but to reduce will only cause big problems not to menchin its agenst coed even if you put bathroom in without inspection when they go to sell and get house inspected
          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

remove 2in. go to 3in that will work

Comment

Could do one of these:
              http://www.zoellerpumps.com/ProductB...x?ProductID=59

Might be a little more involved than a non professional can handle but thought I would mention it. There are a few different variations.
              Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
              X