Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inlet tubes fittings

Hi,

I have a question about the fittings of inlet tubes in faucets.

Can i use according to ASME standart a 1/2"-14 NPSM female fiitings in the inlet tubes or do i have to use 1/2"-14 NPSM male just like in the attached picture?

what is common in the US market?

Thanks,

Yoav
    Attached Files

Re: Inlet tubes fittings

female. breid..................

Comment

we use 1/2'' female slip joint connectors. typically the stainless braided water flex connectors.

what connection is sticking out of the wall at the shut off valve?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
        About your question - i am not sure what connection is sticking out of the wall at the shut off valve.
        I am selling faucets to the US market with inlet tubes that have 1/2"-14 NPSM male fittings because i was told that most of the connections sticking out of the wall at the shut off valve in the US are 1/2"-14 NPSM female.
        I want to know if i can sell faucets to the US market with inlet tubes that have 1/2"-14 NPSM female fittings according to what is common in the US and according to the ASME standart.

Best regards,

Yoav

Comment

the 1/2'' threaded shank on the faucet is pretty much the standard.

the shut off valves that we connect to is usually a 3/8'' compression thread.

but in california, it's more common to be a 1/2'' slip joint.

remember if you want to sell to california, it has to be lead free.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Don't mix apples and oranges here. The shanks on faucets, until this year, have always been 1/2 inch STRAIGHT threads. This means you didn't screw on female tapered pipe fitting, you used some kind of ridgid or fixed tube with a gasket. The nipple coming out of the wall is copper....connect with sweat or compression valve; OR it is TAPERED pipe thread. Connect to valve or fitting which is TAPERED pipe thread.

NOW, as for 2010, MANY brands of faucets now have long flex lines factory attached, with 3/8 compression nut on the end for the angle valve.

Comment

Working...
            X