Cast Iron Nightmare...I think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cast Iron Nightmare...I think

dear damsel i guess you haven't been on the forum long enough to know i don't have 1 jetter

i have 7 or more in fact the perfect one is on my truck for a job tomorrow and is all gassed up for more than 1

the trick to washing the debris out is a combination of flow and force.

the simplest way is to reverse the nozzle once you hit the front c/o. pretty much jet to the front and snag the hose. remove the nozzle and install it on the toilet side then connect it back to the jetter now outside and pull the hose out while jetting.

your isometric drawings needs some work. i thought you engineers have a pocket protector full of colored pencils

i feel that all you need to do is clean the line and cut the plastic the best it can. you have no track record there and sometimes the best is to wait and see. seeing it's a single story house, there's no reason for an uncontrolled overflow.

if someone is going to pay to make it 100% right, then spend their money. if it's your money, save it and keep us all informed. you've obviously got everyones attention and i doubt we'll let you sink into a puddle of poop

now if you change your vote to piper, maybe pipers dad can help you out.

know anywhere i can eat for cheap on the way there

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

alex, the jetter they used was way oversized and created a volcano eruption in the shower and other fixtures

the key is to use the right tool for the job and there is no 1 jetter does all.

truthfully i wouldn't chance a knocker as the pipe is not that bad. at least the videos i've seen. even the debris aren't that bad on the other videos.

a good cleaning and a good cutting is all it needs at this point.

now i just got a frontier airlines offer for lax to denver for 49. each way. want to come out and help 2 hours from lax to san diego, shotgun

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PipeNightmare View Post
        When Rick designs this special cutter we’ll be selling them to all interested parties. All proceeds will go to freeing little Phoebe Jaqueline. Let's not be cheap boys!
        Thanks, it's like my mommy always tells me, my daddy may not be much to look at but boy does he know his plumbing.

Phoebe
        Born Free - Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe Jacqueline View Post
          Thanks, it's like my mommy always tells me, my daddy may not be much to look at but boy does he know his plumbing.

Phoebe
          great, phoebe is already trash talking.

piper would never talk bad about here daddy

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Ace, you are totally right. I screwed up the drawing. The “old cleanout” does not come in from the side like I have it drawn. It of course enters just like the new cleanout. I wasn’t entirely thinking straight when I drew the picture on the clock at work. It just shows you what an engineering degree can do for you…or can’t do for that matter. (Ace, what engineering degree are you stuck with?)
            I located it last night and it’s underneath a paved walkway between the grass and the front of my house. The paved walkway is probably fairly new.

I love the idea of digging into the grass and creating another cleanout before it hits this drop. Great minds think alike. My dad and I thought that might be possible when we were putting the camera down it last night. Below is the latest video. I didn’t locate how far down the digging would be but I think it might only be 1.5-2 feet. I’ll locate it this weekend and see the depth reading.
            There’s also a picture of the shovel we put down the cleanout on the lawn for locating purposes. You can see it in the video.

We tied a string to the camera like Rick suggested and sent it back down.

Maybe we dig a hole in the lawn, tap into the ABS, and put the cleanout before this drop. Then maybe getting a jetter would be easier and it will be accessible forever.
            What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

p.s: Happy Mother’s Day to Joey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWl3nY2Qn_g

Attached Files

Comment

Rick,

FYI I forgot to tell you...

My coworkers liked Piper a lot, that was thier vote. I think you won in this little office, but Phoebe took home the gold.

Go Phoebe!!!

p.s: I'm sorry the video keeps posting twice. I know it's annoying I don't know why it does that. Still learning here guys, i'll catch on some day.

Comment

damsel, it's a no brainer

you're a true blond i saw the hair roots clinging from the abs tub stub

so the jetter is loaded and waiting for the call

the plastic will be fun to cut as the cutter will have to navigate the maze of fittings. should be no problem for the k-60

as far as reverse jetting. that too is no problem as the shovel proves that i can easily use a pull string if needed. but since i can snag my hose from the cleanout. all i need to do is reverse my nozzle when i get to the c/o and continue pulling out from the c/o.

the job is pretty straight forward and all i need is the go ahead to get on the road.

i need to punch in the address and check for in-n-out burger stops on the way

tomorrow can work as i freed up my schedule to help the damsel in distress.

let me know

pipers daddy
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

tomorrow can work as i freed up my schedule to help the damsel in distress.

let me know

Phoebe's daddy
                  The only damsels in distress you need to be helping are mommy and me. Mommy's belly is getting too big to get the room ready for me and she really needs your help. Once I get here, where are you going to put me, in the garage? Maybe in the side bin of your work truck? I don't think I would like either of those so please don't disapoint me, HELP MOMMY!

Luv-Phoebe
                  Born Free - Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

It's a piece of cake.

The reverse Rick suggests will work.

I go up san-t drops like the one you have regularly. The fact that it is no further down than the lenght of a shovel handle shows me it can be done, probably easily. What you have is actually what I was suggesting for adding a cleanout; your drawing showed the cleanout joining the horizontal downstream of the drop, in fact it's right where it needs to be and should be easy. No idea why the other guy told you it couldn't be done... maybe bacause they have the great big jetter Rick mentions and have 1/2" hose or something similarly oversize and absurd on it.

Mechanical. Was a test equipment designer for an aircraft engine mfr before I left to be a ski bum and slowly morphed into a drain cleaner by way of vehicle mechanic. Hydraulic system design experience comes in handy in making a jetter do what you want it to.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

You guys just need to have twins. And, as someone else mentioned elswhere, how come Paige and Prue and not in the running?

OK, Shannon Doherty was annoying, so maybe Prue is out, but Rose McGowan? Paige should be on the list. Maybe triplets?
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

The only damsels in distress you need to be helping are mommy and me. Mommy's belly is getting too big to get the room ready for me and she really needs your help. Once I get here, where are you going to put me, in the garage? Maybe in the side bin of your work truck? I don't think I would like either of those so please don't disapoint me, HELP MOMMY!

Luv-Phoebe
                        Looks like someone better get to work on that nursery.

Just keep her off the pole man. Keep her off the pole...

J.C.

Comment

You Guys know this will be googled for years to come right.....
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Since everybody gave Jetter advise so will I... the only time you can lick the inside of a sewer is the day you are installing it Any other time is bad
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Luv-Phoebe
                              Okay baby Phoebe, I'm sorry and will do whatever you and your mommy need me to do.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                Okay baby Phoebe, I'm sorry and will do whatever you and your mommy need me to do.

rick.

Good job Rick!

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X