Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cast Iron Nightmare...I think

Originally posted by Phoebe Jacqueline View Post
    The only damsels in distress you need to be helping are mommy and me. Mommy's belly is getting too big to get the room ready for me and she really needs your help. Once I get here, where are you going to put me, in the garage? Maybe in the side bin of your work truck? I don't think I would like either of those so please don't disapoint me, HELP MOMMY!

Luv-Phoebe
    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    Okay baby Phoebe, I'm sorry and will do whatever you and your mommy need me to do.

rick.
    looks like baby phoebe and myself both have a ghost writer

as baby phoebe, joey and myself were all out to dinner at the time phoebe posted.

and you know i would not give in this easy

something tells me the ghost has moderator skills

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-07-2010, 11:30 PM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      looks like baby phoebe and myself both have a ghost writer

as baby phoebe, joey and myself were all out to dinner at the time phoebe posted.

and you know i would not give in this easy

something tells me the ghost has moderator skills

rick.
      This is really not easy to explain. Apparently Phoebe channels through both Joey and I when she wants to talk to you. It is like something we have never seen before. Something tells me Phoebe is going to be a special person some day. Deep down I feel someday she will be known as the Great and Powerful Phoebe.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

damsel what was the outcome

did the white horse come trotting to your rescue does a white sprinter count as a thoroughbred

do you have a new video

does the forum need to send a porta potty to your house

the amount of time and effort you've spent on this post, i could have been there, done that and wrote all about it in less time

why all of a sudden do i feel like this was just a dream

thanks

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Don't forget to screw down that toilet flange.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The only damsels in distress you need to be helping are mommy and me. Mommy's belly is getting too big to get the room ready for me and she really needs your help. Once I get here, where are you going to put me, in the garage? Maybe in the side bin of your work truck? I don't think I would like either of those so please don't disapoint me, HELP MOMMY!

Luv-Phoebe
            Am I the only one finding this weird?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Am I the only one finding this weird?
              No. Demon Spawn.

J.C.

Comment

Luv-Phoebe
                Funny, Someone here posted " PIPER'S NEW ROOM " NO REPLY !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Wow…what a day yesterday! You guys will never believe it.
                  My 12 week plumbing nightmare is finally over.
                  I owe it to one awesome plumber The One and Only Plumber Rick.
                  Rick jets the pipe from the cleanout on the lawn the way it should have been done from the beginning. He used the right tools for the job. What a phenomenal concept. What 3 plumbers couldn’t accomplish with 8-10 visits Rick solves in 10 minutes. By tying a string to the camera and sending it down the pipe we were able to hook the string and pull it up the cleanout on the lawn. He then ties his jetter to the string and pulls it through. AMAZING!
                  The sludge and corrosion were pulled past the cleanout in a matter of minutes.
                  Now on to the bigger problem, the horrible ASB protrusion…
                  Not a problem for Plumber Rick.
                  Using his 3.0” cutter and the K-60 he had that ABS cut in a matter of minutes. Check out those pictures. That ABS didn’t stand a chance with Rick-60 on the job.
                  Getting that cutter back out took a little creative thinking though. Not a problem for Plumber Rick. Check out the pics. We were able to push it all the way down to the cleanout, tie a string and a metal hanger to the cutter. (Didn’t want to lose that puppy!) We were able to get tiny hands down the cleanout push the pin on the cutter and release the thing. Rick had a man-hole opener hooked on the cutter and pulled that beast right out. The thing literally flew out of the cleanout. AMAZING!
                  Cleaning the line took about 5-6 minutes, cutting that nasty ABS another 30 minutes. To think I’ve been in this plumbing nightmare for almost 3 months. Thank god for Plumber Rick riding in on white horse-mercedes!
                  I have tons of video and pictures of the whole day. You can see Rick giving my whole family some plumbing classes right on the front lawn. He doesn’t mess around that’s for sure!
                  I can’t thank everyone enough for all of your help and support through this whole thing. What a successful story.
                  Here are some videos and pics and their will be more to come.
                  A big thank you to Phoebe-Piper Jaqueline for allowing Daddy to hold off on her bedroom for yet another weekend. She is a trooper.
                  Happy Mother’s Day Joey! Thank you to your wonderful husband.

more pics and video to come too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEKPqhPg5xU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8tn-H-WBZM
                  Attached Files

Comment

OMG!!! Were never going to hear the end of this one.
                    The Other Rick

Comment

Don't get it, why couldn't Rick pull back the cutter the convential way? The video just confirms my suspisions. Rick talks about the K60 on the forum is chump change, he makes a video......now that's the big commision.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Adam May move!
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Don't get it, why couldn't Rick pull back the cutter the convential way? .
                          ben, the cutter i chose to use was the t-103 sawtooth cutter with the rear "h" cutter. problem was that it was a little difficult to navigate the 3'' line with the turns, it was trying to come back with the wye and tee in the line. the h style and sawtooth cutter would not make it back out from around the wye and tee.

so i figured i could try to pull it out from the 3'' wye at the front c/o. easier said than done. the cutter had gone from a 2.5'' to full 3'' cutter by the time it cut off the abs. the real trick came in disconnecting the cutter from the cable all through a 3'' abs riser of course my manhands were out of the question. but with the gentle touch of the damsel in guiding the pin punch and hooking the cutter with a safety line. i managed to muscle the cutter up the cleanout.

all i could say is i wish all my customers were this nice, hands on and skillful. between here mom, dad, uncle, sister and friend, i had a fun time and was well rewarded in my efforts. not to mention, i did get my double double in-n-out burger, fries and a chocolate shake for lunch

so, thanks for sticking with the ridgid crew and trusting us to get it done

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

good job
                            i wish every one would learn if you want the job done right call the right people and pay there price .if the first person did it right he would not have to come bag a 2nd time
                            now we need to see what damsel looks like
                            and who's camera was she using
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

If it’s okay with you guys I would like to take a moment and reflect on the recent events…

I buy a house and the day I move in the plumbing nightmares begin. The first plumber can’t do much and leaves after an hour and accomplishes nothing. Another plumber is called out and he snakes the drain. It works for about a week.
                              The toilet runs one night and floods half the house. I camera the pipe and see roots. 3 weeks of construction and $25,000 later.
                              A new plumber, big company plumber is called, and I show him the camera video with the roots. He jets the drain with a cutter and leaves. I camera it again. Most roots are gone, but now I have sediment build up. I call him back out he jets the pipe again with a chain at the end. Roots are gone, ABS saddle is now exposed, sediment is everywhere, and plumber leaves. He tells me my pipes are rotted at the bottom, the sediment is coming from underneath the house and the only way to fix it is to replace the pipes.

In desperation and looking for answers I turn to the Ridgid Plumbing Forum. The best thing I ever did.
                              From all the help and support from everyone I learn that my pipes might not be rotting after all. What? I was told by three different plumbers I either had a cracked pipe or rotting pipes. I couldn’t believe what I was reading on the forum. At first I didn’t believe it at all even though I wanted so badly too. With more video and more discussion I slowly started to think maybe this nightmare doesn’t have to include tearing up my house again. Could this be true?

YES IT IS!!!

With a lot of time from you guys answering my questions & giving feedback, a day of Rick’s hard work and generosity, and of course little Phoebe-Piper going one more weekend without a nursery, the saga was solved and my plumbing is fixed. What a wonderful ending to what could have been a construction nightmare.

Hip-hip-horray! Hip-hip-horray!
                              May 8th will now be marked as the “Rick-60 Day.” Banks will be closed, children will have the day off school, and people will be parading the streets celebrating the great plumbers of the world.

Here are some more pics of the whole event.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PipeNightmare View Post
                                May 8th will now be marked as the “Rick-60 Day.” Banks will be closed, children will have the day off school, and people will be parading the streets celebrating the great plumbers of the world.
                                Rick's head is big enough already, please don't make it worse. There is already enough work for him to do without having to make our doorways bigger too!

Good thing Rick knows where you are now, because if he doesn't get his butt in gear and start helping me he's coming your way to stay!

BTW, thanks for the goodies!
                                Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 05-10-2010, 04:19 PM.
                                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                                X