X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cast Iron Nightmare...I think

I sense a PiperNightmare headed Rick's way if he doesn't get busy with the nursery. When my first baby was born I had to work every night after work for a week straight to get the nursery ready. Of course I was only 18-years old and was poor with time management (too much surfing) or I would have finished months earlier.

On the plus side, the 14-year old kid who helped me paint the nursery ended up the Attorney who hired me for my first Expert Witness job 16-years later.

I'm convinced if Rick does not help Joey soon we will all hear about it. What do you guys think about a "Nursery Build Day" to help Joey? We'll give Rick a BS call in Santa Barbara and while he is gone we can get it all done.

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-10-2010, 07:12 PM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

as i put my tools back at the shop this morning, i took a couple shots of the cutter and a sample 3'' abs pipe.

it was fast and simple to cut the 1.5''abs stub off from inside the 3'' abs line. the fun came when it was time to get my cutter back

rick.

the t-103 cutter. straight from the first roundup. the cutter had no issue with the 1.5'' abs protruding into the 3'' cast iron line. the issue came when i tried to pull it back out through the wye and tee in the line.

this is the same cutter i used to cut the 1x6 pine board in 10 seconds at the roundup. loosing to bill with his 7 second blast through of the board.

as you can see, not much will be left behind when the sawtooth cutter plows through the 3'' line.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-10-2010, 10:18 PM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I am waiting to see the rest of the videos but so far this has been a very well documented thread. I wish all threads had this same outcome and documentation.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You’ll never believe this Rick but I can’t find any pictures or video taken of the final-final outcome. There was so much going on I somehow dropped the ball on that one. Not too worry though; I’m going back down to get that video. The story is not complete without letting our fans see our final work.

Our fans need that closure and who are we to keep that from them?

More to come…

Comment

not sure if the forum needs the video, but i defiantly would send it to the other jetting companies and see about a partial refund

amazes me to think so many tried and failed and i had it figured out just by your videos prior to going there.

thanks again for all the goodies for joey, piper and me

hey, if you ever give up your day job, i can use a sewer camera operator like you. hope all is fine and say hi to the crew

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Plumbers are awesome!
              I have often been told that we plumbers have the coolest tools.
              I was cabling a tub drain the other day and pulled some hair back on the cable and the customer said "and its black hair", I had to inform her that I have never ever pulled blond hair back from a drain, it's all black.
              "In N Out, on the way" I would have stopped at all of them too: St George, UT, Las Vegas 2x, Bakersfield, Riverside (I opened that one) Corona, San Juan Capo. I would have gained a few pounds on that trip.
              ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

"In N Out, on the way" I would have stopped at all of them too: St George, UT, Las Vegas 2x, Bakersfield, Riverside (I opened that one) Corona, San Juan Capo. I would have gained a few pounds on that trip.[/QUOTE]

By the time mtnman1100 showed up we would have had to rush him to the ER to unclog his own pipes.

Rick, the crew says hello. We still talk about every night at dinner how grateful we are.

I might take your advice and send a little letter to the other plumbing company. I just don’t want this to happen to someone else.

If this engineering gig doesn’t work out I am so there.

Comment

Read this thread in it's entirety and got a really good education how the right tool just makes the job "do-able". I especially like the posts/replies given by "Plumber Rick" and "Sewer Ratz". Video's are simply amazing...if I may ask ?..."is the video equipment per chance the Rigid MicroExplorer with the standard 100' run? If it is I'd like purchase one also if I had the extra $2500 laying around.

BTW, I just enrolled in this here forum after performing my annual maintainence power snaking all the sink and tub lines with my trusty Milwaukee drain cleaner

Comment

Working...
                  X