Fitting No-Hub Cast Iron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting No-Hub Cast Iron

I'm replacing some of my ABS drains with no-hub cast iron and I'm stumped at one point. Is there a way to add a short piece of cast iron to connect a wye to a 45? I need to bridge a 1/2" to 3/4" gap.

Do they make special couplings for adding short pieces of cast? For example, when working with ABS you have a variety of options to glue in short pieces when you have two fittings that are 1/2" or 3/4" apart. Is there a way to do something similar in no-hub cast iron? Or do they make fittings that can be cut to size?

Thanks.
    Rick

Re: Fitting No-Hub Cast Iron

cutting fittings is not legal. so basically you need to either get an extended 45 or try possibly a dwv copper fitting that has a shorter take off.

no they do make longer bands that you can probably add a 1/2'' piece of pipe and still maintain a good 1'' connection including the 1/2'' filler piece. these are referred to as "husky" bands. they are 4 clamps and are 3'' long.

try that

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
      Thanks. I think I'll get a Husky coupling and add the short section of pipe. That seems like a perfect solution.

Rick

Comment

anything for another rick

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X