How many toilets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many toilets?

Does anyone know how many water closets(toilets) can be on a 4 inch sanitary line?

Re: How many toilets?

Originally posted by markasouras View Post
    Does anyone know how many water closets(toilets) can be on a 4 inch sanitary line?

You would have to provide a whole bunch more information but the short answer in my area it would be over 50 I believe (216 to 256 DFUs).

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-26-2010, 06:06 PM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

By National Plumbing Code of Canada 2005

Soil or waste stack 540 F.U.(max), and 100 F.U. for maximum fixture units drained from any 1 story

So if the toilets are tank type which is 4 F.U. then you may connect 135 toilets for the 4" stack.

If the toilets are direct flush then 6 F.U. each so you can connect up to 90 toilets.

In this case you may need 6" sanitary building drain or sewer line due to maximum permitted hydraulic load is smaller than stack.

But the maximum F.U. for each floor is 100 F.U.
      So each floor you can connect 25 tank type toilets or 16 direct flush toilet.

For 4" sanitary building drain or sewer slope for 1 in 50 can connect 240 F.U. so 60 tank type toilets or 40 direct flush toilets.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, but i forgot to put in my question that it is on a horizontal branch, does that change anything?

Comment

... Code book, get one.
          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by markasouras View Post
            Thanks for the quick reply, but i forgot to put in my question that it is on a horizontal branch, does that change anything?
            4" horizontal branch hydraulic load is 180 F.U. max.

For sanitary building drain or sewer,

1 in 100 (1% grade) 180 F.U.
            1 in 50 (2% grade) 240 F.U.
            1 in 25 (4% grade) 300 F.U.

According to NPC 2005

Kelvin

Comment

Wait they do have toilets in Canada?
              Wait they do have plumbing codes in Canada?
              What! 4 inch line in Canada, wouldn't it be something more along the line of 200 mm?

Couldn't resist.

How many out houses/ porta potties can you put on a four inch line? Code book says "Not limited!"

I'm trying hard to get my post count to the 300 mark.
              Last edited by mtnman1100; 05-01-2010, 09:07 AM.
              ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
                Wait they do have toilets in Canada?
                Wait they do have plumbing codes in Canada?
                What! 4 inch line in Canada, wouldn't it be something more along the line of 200 mm?

Couldn't resist.

How many out houses/ porta potties can you put on a four inch line? Code book says "Not limited!"
                101.6mm actually. But, we have to keep using imperial because of stubborn countries not wanting to get on board with the rest of the world. But it keeps the mind sharp converting back and forth.

And get this, In Canada we actually have to have licenses to call ourselves plumbers here. And our ticket is national and allows us to work anywhere in the country.

Oh yeah...and one code book. (No porta potty code though, sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by whallupaz View Post
                  101.6mm actually. But, we have to keep using imperial because of stubborn countries not wanting to get on board with the rest of the world. But it keeps the mind sharp converting back and forth.

And get this, In Canada we actually have to have licenses to call ourselves plumbers here. And our ticket is national and allows us to work anywhere in the country.

Oh yeah...and one code book. (No porta potty code though, sorry)
                  That's just common sense. Ours in the U.S. is all over the place due to greed, ego, and plain stupidity.

J.C.

Comment

A national license? The US should think about that one.
                    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

In Canada there is a Provincial and National licence. The National licence is usually referred to as a "red seal".

Comment

Originally posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
                        In Canada there is a Provincial and National licence. The National licence is usually referred to as a "red seal".

Only Red Seal certification in Canada now. Older journeymen might only have a provincial ticket, but any new apprentices are red seal (nationwide)

Comment

Originally posted by whallupaz View Post
                          Only Red Seal certification in Canada now. Older journeymen might only have a provincial ticket, but any new apprentices are red seal (nationwide)
                          Since May 1st 2008 in Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
                            A national license? The US should think about that one.
                            it'd have to a few years after a national code

When do you think that's gonna happen?

Comment

Working...
                            X