X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerber Tank Gasket

I have a old 1968 Gerber toilet that has a leaky tank to bowl gasket. The standard gaskets I use wont fit they are to small the one I pulled was a little bigger. I tried calling Gerber but they are so bad over there and no help at all. Anyone ever see this part before the one I pulled is red but looks like it was changed before about 20 years ago. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: Gerber Tank Gasket

Have you tried a thicker regular gasket that doesn't have the cut out for the nut ?

Comment

Gerber 99-582

Comment

You have to buy the Gerber gasket. None of the generic ones will fit. It's extra thick and tall.

Comment

Pasco still lists the Gerber tank-to-bowl gasket. It is much smaller and thicker than the more common AS gasket. If you have a local plumbing supplier they should be able to order it for you if they don't have it in stock.

Comment

Thanks Guys, after trying about 10 suppliers that all said I have no idea. I finally got someone that was 70 years old that worked on them before and knew what I was talking about he called it a G-106 Gerber Gasket I went down and picked a couple of them up the are the same size as a standard gasket but a lot thicker.
            You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Working...
            X