X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush valve has prostate problem.

I have a toto toilet with the quiet flush valve.
    It has been acting like it has a prostate problem. It fills the tank in spurts. It eventually fills the tank but it takes about a minute and is noisy.
    Is there an easy fix to this or does the part need replacing?
    Thanks
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Re: Flush valve has prostate problem.

not too sure about the medical comparison but the toto/ hunter factory ballcock is junk with our water chemistry. toto knows it and the only long term fix is the fluidmaster pro45hr ballcock. this is a newer style that has 4 different interchangeable refill inserts for the proper bowl refill.

you can call toto for a free replacement, but it will go bad again and the replacement seals don't typically work.

the fluidmaster seal design has been around longer than most of us. it's a proven design and most companies have switched over to fluidmaster for their product.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Can it be replaced with the fluidmaster?
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

yes with the pro45hr fluidmaster as i mentioned in the earlier post.

a normal 400a will not refill the bowl to the right level. the pro45hr/ high refill has 4 different color coded refill inserts with a spec sheet to tell you which one to use.

you will probably have to go online to find the ballcock as my suppliers don't stock them yet.

the one i got was directly from fluidmaster.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah I'm having trouble with my prostate too, and last night I urinated 102 times, in 4 hours!

I replaced a Hunter fill valve today, it was acting like it had a kidney stone jammed in the ole urethea.

A new fill valve will solve it, just don't put the same back in there.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Thanks for information.
            They're apparently available online, but I'll see if I can find one locally.
            Hopefully it will be easy enough for me to install; I'm not that good at plumbing.
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Not only plumbers, but Proctologist and Urologist on this site. Way too cool! IF/WHEN I get to that stage of life I'll bring my err- -problems here for advise. David, with no medical training.

Comment

Working...
              X