X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee VS Hilti 18 volt cordless/hammer

So the boss gives me the company credit card and tells me to go out and get whatever I want as a replacement cordless/hammer drill that finally died last week.

Does anybody own either of these makes? Can you please give me some advice on which one to go with?

Thx in advance

Hilti 18 volt

http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/page/m...&nodeId=-57675

Milwaukee

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ordless+System

Re: Milwaukee VS Hilti 18 volt cordless/hammer

Holy **** man not one reply lol?

All you apprentices use Ryobi here?

Comment

The Hilti will blow an equivalent Milwaukee out of the water. I don't even think there is a debate. As I pay for my own tools I tend not buy Hilti solely because of the price. If I got someone else s credit card to buy my tools with I'd have a truck full of Hilti tools.

Comment

Hello Log sp, I have the Makita x4 hybrid impact -hammer li-18v just amazing.good luck in your choice. Tony

Comment

I have a Matebo and a DeWalt cordless sds...really like em both

Comment

I own a Bosch cordless hammer drill and I am very happy with it.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Ok this isnt good...Re thinking my choices now.

Comment

I have a the Milwaukee V18 drill/hammerdrill and the impact driver. I absolutely love it.

I Wanted the Hilti, but the price difference was enough that if the Milwaukee lasts half as long I still come out about the same.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Ryobi, really?

I have a Bosch hammer drill and never had a problem, it has a lot of potential with all the different SDS Plus accessories. I like it that any MFG's SDS plus accessories will work with it too.
                  Hilti and Milwaukee make great products too and RIDGID (edited in). Can't go wrong with any of them as far as for working with them in the trades. Ryobi, B&D, Dewalt are for the weekend warriors and are made to those specs.
                  I remember when I was a young plumber, way back under a house cutting a pipe with a Ryobi recip saw and it died on me. That was the day I promised myself to only buy quality, long lasting tools.
                  ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Fine Homebuilding magazine just reviewed the Hilti and said that the weight and the cost keep it from being competitive with the Milwaukee.

I have Milwaukee tools, I love them. The framers I work with use Hilti, and they love them too.

But for my dollar the Milwaukee is the best bang for your buck.

Comment

Milwaukee all the way you can find batterys anywar if need more and more selection of cordless tools and they just take a beeting
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I own the Milwaukee V18 tool kit c/w hammer drill, hackzall, circular saw, and flashlight about 4 years ago, plus brought the Milwaukee M12 driver/drill, mini hackzall, and the pipe cutter this year. All have the 5 year warranty, never gave me any problems. Work with different trades, this would be one of the top 3 choices they would buy.

Comment

Originally posted by choyboy View Post
                          All have the 5 year warranty
                          Just as a note read the fine print. The 5 year warranty only applies to unopened product. If you actually plan to use the tools it is I believe a 2 year.

I use Milwaukee tools. No issues with their performance to cost ratio.

As I said earlier however if money was no object Hilti is the better brand.

Comment

Working...
                          X