Help with piping for shower jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with piping for shower jets

I am currently finishing my basement and am going to build a custom tiled shower. I want to put shower jets in, but am not familiar with the piping and installion of the jets. Does anyone know of any good websites, or references for help...I'm having trouble locating diagrams, info, etc. Is it a similar type of setup like a shower where you have a valve that stems out to all the jets? would you have a separate valve for the shower and the jets? Do you just install the copper pipe to stick out of the wall to attach the jets to? What size pipe is tyipcally used? I've been reading 3/4" pipe...however would this work if I have a 1/2" pipe running to the bathroom, or would I have to run a 3/4" pipe from the water source to not reduce waterflow?
    Thanks a lot in advance,

Re: Help with piping for shower jets

Google body sprays. Grohe should have the piping diagrams for you to reference. You should use a high volume shower valve with valves to direct flow from heads to sprays etc.

Comment

Google body sprays. Grohe should have the piping diagrams for you to reference. You should use a high volume shower valve with valves to direct flow from heads to sprays etc. If you use a high flow shower valve I would pipe the body sprays with a 3/4" loop system with 1/2" female stub outs for the sprays. It depends on what type of body sprays you use. The loop will keep the pressure and flow balanced to the body sprays.

Comment

as fresno stated. grohe has some nice valves and nice schematics of different installations using their valves and body sprays.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

You could google "licensed plumber" in your area and have a pro do it. That way you know it will be done right and warranted and you won't lose any sleep over leaking pipes in your walls.
          Just a thought.
          ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
          X