Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driller1
    replied
    Re: Old buried well? Urgent help needed!

It does not say it has to be 4". Again, in Michigan a 4" could never be hooked up legally to a jet pump.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD1980
    replied

since it is double pipe, has to be at least 4". if it were smaller then 4" it would be a single pipe.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD1980
    replied

http://www.nationaldriller.com/Artic...00f932a8c0____

Leave a comment:

• Driller1
    replied

Originally posted by MikeD1980 View Post
    from nationaldriller.com

Deep well jet pumps are not limited by atmospheric pressure to 25 feet of lift. A good deep well jet can pump water from as deep as 200 feet.

When the well casing is four inches or larger in diameter, a double-pipe system normally is preferred. Where the well casing is smaller than four inches in diameter, a single-pipe deep well injector can be used.

sorry, i am a "google-a-holic"
    Can you put up a link? You are misreading something about the casing.

The Driller is a national publication. Those are not Michigan rules. Go though some well logs. Look at all the 2" wells in Michigan. There were millions.
    Last edited by Driller1; 05-12-2010, 10:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Driller1
    replied

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...umbing/1275136

http://www.wellowner.org/

Here is a good read.
    Last edited by Driller1; 05-12-2010, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD1980
    replied

from nationaldriller.com

Deep well jet pumps are not limited by atmospheric pressure to 25 feet of lift. A good deep well jet can pump water from as deep as 200 feet.

When the well casing is four inches or larger in diameter, a double-pipe system normally is preferred. Where the well casing is smaller than four inches in diameter, a single-pipe deep well injector can be used.

sorry, i am a "google-a-holic"

Leave a comment:

• Driller1
    replied

and since it is a 2 line deep well jet pump, everywhere I have read says that it HAS to be at LEAST a 4" well and can pump water as low as 200'
    Where are you reading??

Leave a comment:

• Driller1
    replied

I spennt over 3 hours looking at these and found every house around that one, but not that one! either pre-1965 or misplaced.
    That well is just old. Go into this knowing you will need a new well.

Don't put any money in the old one. If the old one is 85 foot this is what it would take to replace it with a new 5" PVC well.

Drilling and grouting $1360. Based on $16 per foot.
    If it takes a screen and gravel pack (they all do not) $700.

For a new well $2060. Of course, the hook up will be more.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD1980
    replied

and since it is a 2 line deep well jet pump, everywhere I have read says that it HAS to be at LEAST a 4" well and can pump water as low as 200'

Leave a comment:

• MikeD1980
    replied

Originally posted by Driller1 View Post
    http://www.deq.state.mi.us/well-logs/

This is where you can look up old logs. The problem is when they scanned them they did over 3000 a day. There is a lot of misplaced logs in there.

Now the new one are not on line for the pubic to view.

Anyone wanting to see their well log or, logs in the area just PM me.
    I spennt over 3 hours looking at these and found every house around that one, but not that one! either pre-1965 or misplaced.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD1980
    replied

Originally posted by Driller1 View Post
    that code book is where i found the information that made him have to rewrite his report due to this..
    #2 is where I got him. NO repairs were being made to the well so it is not required to be brought up to recent code. well is from pre-1993 when these rules were wrote up, therefore it is grandfathered in.

R 325.1611 Application of rules to existing water supplies.

Rule 111. (1) When extensive changes or repairs are made to a water supply
    system that was constructed before the effective date of these amendatory rules,
    the changes or repairs shall be in compliance with the provisions of these rules
    unless a deviation is issued pursuant to the provisions of R 325.1613. Extensive
    changes include replacing the entire casing, removing a casing from the ground,
    or changing aquifers.

(2) Upgrading a water supply system to conform with these rules is not required
    when minor repairs to the system occur, such as any of the following:
    (a) Replacing a telescoped well screen.
    (b) Changing screen elevation.
    (c) Deepening or plugging back a bedrock well.
    (d) Installing a liner pipe.
    (e) Replacing a pump, controls, pump drop pipe, or pressure tank.
    (f) Chemical treatment of the well or well disinfection.

Leave a comment:

• Driller1
    replied

http://www.deq.state.mi.us/well-logs/

This is where you can look up old logs. The problem is when they scanned them they did over 3000 a day. There is a lot of misplaced logs in there.

Now the new one are not on line for the pubic to view.

Anyone wanting to see their well log or, logs in the area just PM me.

Leave a comment:

• Driller1
    replied

http://www.michigan.gov/deq/0,1607,7...9194--,00.html

This is the code book.

Leave a comment:

• Driller1
    replied

no, no plans on forging anything.
    after talking to township building inspector and well guy, he is now rewriting the well report because the well is completely within code. it is grandfathered in, however if it ever needs any work done that requires a permit, it will need to be completely brought up to current code.
    he was supposed to go over there this afternoon with some "equipment" and locate the well so we can decide if it is 50+' from septic.
    well guy also said around here, back in '65 they were doing 4" threaded casing not 2" (he is an old timer) he even pointed me to a MI.gov website where you can see original scanned copies of well permits as far back as 1965, that property was unfortunately not listed, the neighbor was 1965 4" steel threaded casing 85' deep.
    going to keep my fingers crossed and hope all goes well.
    Whoa, where is the pump??? A 4" was never legal to hook up with a jet type pump. It is either an old 2", maybe a 3" or not a well at. It could be just a sand point.

Talk to another driller. This guy is just telling you what you want to hear.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD1980
    replied

no, no plans on forging anything.
    after talking to township building inspector and well guy, he is now rewriting the well report because the well is completely within code. it is grandfathered in, however if it ever needs any work done that requires a permit, it will need to be completely brought up to current code.
    he was supposed to go over there this afternoon with some "equipment" and locate the well so we can decide if it is 50+' from septic.
    well guy also said around here, back in '65 they were doing 4" threaded casing not 2" (he is an old timer) he even pointed me to a MI.gov website where you can see original scanned copies of well permits as far back as 1965, that property was unfortunately not listed, the neighbor was 1965 4" steel threaded casing 85' deep.
    going to keep my fingers crossed and hope all goes well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X