Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old buried well? Urgent help needed!

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
    Call me old fashion but I like putting two sticks together and crossing them making an X. Now here is the important part.... walk around and the sticks will get closer together or further apart and that is how you know if your getting closer or further....
    Dan,
    If you can "Witch Water", the Amazing Randy has a Million Dollars waiting for you.

Comment

That first picture looks like an old septic tank. The easiest way to find a Well is with a Schoenstadt Locator. They are used by Surveyors all the time for locating property pins. You won't want to buy one, but if you could borrow one, it would make things much easier.
      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

3+ yr update...
        Bought the house. Still never located the well. Still running the now 12yr old 2 line deep well jet. Water has been tested every 6 months and tests good every time! Only issue is Iron which is controlled with a softener.

Comment

Originally posted by speedbump View Post
          That first picture looks like an old septic tank. The easiest way to find a Well is with a Schoenstadt Locator. They are used by Surveyors all the time for locating property pins. You won't want to buy one, but if you could borrow one, it would make things much easier.
          Speedbump, any chance of posting a picture or link to these locators, just out of curiosity...............!!!!
          BTW, as I have mentioned here before I have actually seen someone using the divining rods(two pieces of wire) trying to locate leaks. I didn't get a full look and unfortunately wasn't quick enough with the camera

Comment

Sure can, here's the one I have. It still looks the same and I bought mine in 1976. It still works perfectly.

Schonstedt Instrument Company: GA-52Cx Magnetic Locator

I have used the wire "L's" to locate underground pipes of all sizes. Finding water with them or a forked stick though is an old Wives tale. It simply does not work.
            Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Working...
            X