X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new boiler

I am looking for a new boiler. Right now two that have my interest are the Noritz NH-2001-DV also known as NH-199-DV and the the Mestek Ray 200i. I'd like to hear of anyone's experiences with either of these.

Thanks.

Re: new boiler

Try Buderus or Viessmann
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Try Buderus or Viessmann
      Talk about AL exchanger issues...junk and a huge piece of never wish to see again Viessmann. If you want A GOOD wall hung type unit with serviceability and parts availability...get a Lochinvar Knight WB or a Triangle Tube Prestige. Next thing nh is going to recommend is a Baxi Luna...Total CRAP!!!

Comment

Buderus? YES!

I'm with Kevin, in not being a fan of Viessmann

I used to like Triangle Tube, but wouldn't install anything from them now.

I'm not familar with either of the one's you originally asked about, as neither are stocked here.

If anyone tries to sell you a Quietside, throw them out of your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jones View Post
          Talk about AL exchanger issues...junk and a huge piece of never wish to see again Viessmann. If you want A GOOD wall hung type unit with serviceability and parts availability...get a Lochinvar Knight WB or a Triangle Tube Prestige. Next thing nh is going to recommend is a Baxi Luna...Total CRAP!!!
          AL, WHAT!!! Viessman stainless steel inox-radial heat exchanger ,QUALITY . Also water
          furnace has excellent reviews! My Son In Law www.earthheat.com
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The Buderus is an AL heat exchanger. Here we often need to use glycol in a system. I have replaced 3 Buderus exchangers from other plumbers introducing the wrong type of glycol. I have also had one with the Weil McClain Ultra. The units are fine if one uses the right products that are save for AL.

The other issue I have with Buderus is the auto vent that leaks all over the inside of the boiler cabinet and my supply house don't stock.

Comment

The Buderus is an AL heat exchanger. Here we often need to use glycol in a system. I have replaced 3 Buderus exchangers from other plumbers introducing the wrong type of glycol. I have also had one with the Weil McClain Ultra. The units are fine if one uses the right products that are save for AL.

The other issue I have with Buderus is the auto vent that leaks all over the inside of the boiler cabinet and my supply house don't stock.

I generally find that if one follows the manufacturers instructions, one get's good results. I have installed close to 2000 Baxi Luna's and only had two with a problem. Then again, maybe they had bad steam ventrui's
              sigpic

Comment

look into munchkin mod con boilers..., Heat Transfer Products

Comment

Kevin can you please explain you rreasons for bagging the Baxi Lunas.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                    Kevin can you please explain you rreasons for bagging the Baxi Lunas.
                    Sorry I lost this post. I am not impressed with the unit first of all. Most importantly I cannot get parts for the unit in my region easily. So when I walk on to one of these units it is a given the customer will be down for a couple days. I hate leaving a family down.

Comment

To OP
                      The noritz is just a Tankless water heater that they are marketing as a boiler, not a good idea.
                      The Ray, a condensing cast iron boiler? I don't think so!

I feel the Triangle Tube Prestige will give you the best value of all boilers in that range of cost, efficiency & support

Comment

Sorry I lost this post. I am not impressed with the unit first of all. Most importantly I cannot get parts for the unit in my region easily. So when I walk on to one of these units it is a given the customer will be down for a couple days. I hate leaving a family down.
                        Bashing a unit because you can't get parts? That doesn't make the unit bad, it just means that you need better sales and distribution. I would have a hard time getting Ferrari parts so is the car crap?

Nobody installs triangle tube around here because the supply houses don't sell it around here. I guess that makes it crap.
                        sigpic

Comment

Perhaps one should actually read what I said first. I AM NOT IMPRESSED!!! This is only my opinion and this is what I think of what I have seen.

Comment

I read this: I have no idea who is installing in your area or whether they have a clue what they are doing but I do have a lot of experience with Viessmann, Buderus and Baxi's. All three are very high quality units, all three have been very effective and if installed correctly virtually trouble free. The problem is that they often get installed by guys that don't bother to read the directions or go to the training schools and then, because there is a problem suddenly they get a bad reputation. I am neither impressed or unimpressed with Triangle Tube boilers. The fact is that is installed correctly they will do the job they were designed and manufactured to do. So just exactly what AL heat exchanger problems have you run into, how often and was the boiler at fault or the guy that put it in? I don't sell products that I can't get parts for, however sometimes these things migrate up and we have to make a decision to service them or not. If we make the decision to service them then we stock up on normally used parts. We don't go around town telling everyone the product is crap.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              I read this: I have no idea who is installing in your area or whether they have a clue what they are doing but I do have a lot of experience with Viessmann, Buderus and Baxi's. All three are very high quality units, all three have been very effective and if installed correctly virtually trouble free. The problem is that they often get installed by guys that don't bother to read the directions or go to the training schools and then, because there is a problem suddenly they get a bad reputation. I am neither impressed or unimpressed with Triangle Tube boilers. The fact is that is installed correctly they will do the job they were designed and manufactured to do. So just exactly what AL heat exchanger problems have you run into, how often and was the boiler at fault or the guy that put it in? I don't sell products that I can't get parts for, however sometimes these things migrate up and we have to make a decision to service them or not. If we make the decision to service them then we stock up on normally used parts. We don't go around town telling everyone the product is crap.
                              I agree with you that if people read first a lot of issues would go away. We have taken on many boilers installed by less than competent "plumbers". In the last year we have either rebuilt or replaced 5 boilers with AL exchangers. All but 1 failure was directly the result of improper installation. I call it improper because they put the wrong glycol in the system and destroyed the exchanger. 2 of the jobs never needed glycol in the first place. You also need to understand these are plumbers installing these units with a plumber mentality and forget to put in isolation valves of any type.

One of the biggest things I don't like about the Baxi is the controls sitting on the bottom of the unit. So when it does breakdown and require repair, now we get to get the control boards wet...what fun! Buderus did the same thing and yes so did triangle tube to some extent.

Comment

Working...
                              X