X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Water Service Line

I just found out while replacing my old galvanized plumbing, that the service line into the house was all corroded with rust and stuff, and will have to be replaced. I have been told that my city still requires copper and that the meter will have to be put in a meter pit, which I don't have yet, as there is only a curb stop out there now. It is about 38' from that to where my service comes in at the bottom of my basement. I have been told that they can drill this horizontally or even use the old pipe to pull in a new on so they don't have to dig up the lawn. Given this information, can somebody tell me what this job should cost to get done?

Re: Replacing Water Service Line

Originally posted by tonynace View Post
    I just found out while replacing my old galvanized plumbing, that the service line into the house was all corroded with rust and stuff, and will have to be replaced. I have been told that my city still requires copper and that the meter will have to be put in a meter pit, which I don't have yet, as there is only a curb stop out there now. It is about 38' from that to where my service comes in at the bottom of my basement. I have been told that they can drill this horizontally or even use the old pipe to pull in a new on so they don't have to dig up the lawn. Given this information, can somebody tell me what this job should cost to get done?
    Boring it in is the only way to go. We get $8.00 per foot just for the boring. Water well drillers generally have equipment to do this.

Comment

Working...
    X