X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring for gas under slab

Need to run at least 20 ft. under slab for gas line .I have a 2500 psi jetter 100 ft of 1/4" line
    can i use this and pvc to get through? Also looked at bullet mole. Maybe I can rent? Thanks open to all ideas. Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Boring for gas under slab

We drill under county roads with a Ditch Witch Directional Drill.

I think your plan will work. You will need water and maybe mix mud to keep your hole open.

Comment

Sure,yeah,uh-huh,yup,you betcha,

except I don't like doing it with a jetter.If you don't keep it moving fast enough your going to create a void in the soil of lord only knows what size.

Slab?
      How are you going to get elbows on your sleeves

How's your spring going

Comment

Spring is duckey! Just did u tube bore it tool, looks good! Anyone use it?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, are you allowed to run gas under a slab? hopefully it's an outdoor patio slab and not the living space

my 50' section of hydro bore will easily drill a nice hole in 2.5' sections. problem with pvc is the hole will not stay straight as the plastic will veer.

my steel hydro bore will stay much truer than any plastic can.

of course the hydro drill will also do a good job, but is much more risky and labor intensive.

with my hydro bore, the pipe can be pulled back with the bore head. depending on the pipe size and material.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            tool, are you allowed to run gas under a slab? hopefully it's an outdoor patio slab and not the living space

my 50' section of hydro bore will easily drill a nice hole in 2.5' sections. problem with pvc is the hole will not stay straight as the plastic will veer.

my steel hydro bore will stay much truer than any plastic can.

of course the hydro drill will also do a good job, but is much more risky and labor intensive.

with my hydro bore, the pipe can be pulled back with the bore head. depending on the pipe size and material.

rick.
            Would it help if he mix drilling mud to hold the hole open?? I have only used black polly (160 psi) but, we do go down 5 foot.

Comment

Well ,they agree to go over roof [ flat ] and down.This will feed an outside fire pit and gas log for fireplace. The 2nd issue is the kitchen Island stove that needs gas. This is a concrete slab, only way is to bore under!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Well ,they agree to go over roof [ flat ] and down.This will feed an outside fire pit and gas log for fireplace. The 2nd issue is the kitchen Island stove that needs gas. This is a concrete slab, only way is to bore under!
                You cannot run gas under the slab within the structure unless it is encased and vented.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  You cannot run gas under the slab within the structure unless it is encased and vented.

Mark
                  Thanks Mark, Is the proper detail spelled out in the U.P.C. ? GOT IT THANKS GOOGLE !!
                  Last edited by toolaholic; 05-22-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Re: Boring for gas under slab , Sealing the chase

Sealant of P.V.C. pipe chase under stove cabinet. My Guess is first using foam backer bead
                    in the pipe,chase void,and then using a polyurathene calk [ silkaflex] sound right? thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X