Black or Galvy Gas Pipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black or Galvy Gas Pipe?

I think I directly asked Rick a question. It has been a day and he hasn't posted. Strange seeing as I know he has been on.

Do you not respond when it doesn't suit the swelling above the shoulders? I already said I was new and am still learning the site. I don't know who you, Mark, or anybody else is. For all I know you could be the head of the site calling yourself #1. As being number #1 and posting that so boldly as many times as you have I would expect a response.

Otherwise I won't waste my time as you would be wasting mine.
    Last edited by Kevin Jones; 06-30-2010, 09:30 PM. Reason: statement of fact

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jones View Post
      I think I directly asked Rick a question. It has been a day and he hasn't posted. Strange seeing as I know he has been on.

Do you not respond when it doesn't suit the swelling above the shoulders? I already said I was new and am still learning the site. I don't know who you, Mark, or anybody else is. For all I know you could be the head of the site calling yourself #1. As being number #1 and posting that so boldly as many times as you have I would expect a response.

Otherwise I won't waste my time as you would be wasting mine.
      what you want me to respond to more reasons why you need excuses.

you already stated you need time to get better and thread the pipe so you can show that field threads don't require dope. there is not 1 person here who really cares as the point is, nobody puts pipe together without dope, even you. so it's a moot point. i was calling you out as you never seem to recall what you posted and what you claim you're going to do.

i guarantee if you try to pull this stunt in the real world of plumbing and use no dope on your screw pipe, you'll be looking for a new employer.

i know in theory pipe threads are tapered and should form a seal if the threads are cut true and clean and you apply enough wrench to the pipe and fitting. but in the real world of plumbing, only a fool would not dope their pipe threads.

so if you want to do your stunt you said you would do, take all the time you need.

and if you want to cut and thread 1'' pipe for speed, make sure to tape it and post it so we can all see you sweat. i'll trust that you did not practice as none of us did either.

as far as being #1. once again you forget what i wrote and how to interpret it. so i'll explain it for the 3rd. time.

when i asked you what forum sent you over here to disrupt the ridgid forum. i commented that everyone wants to be #1.

that was suppose to read that ridgid is the #1 plumbing forum and the other forum sent you here to disrupt the #1 forum.

if you can't understand that after 3 post, you might want to go have someone else explain it to you. 3 strikes and i can't put it any clearer.

hopefully i answered your question.

i don't need an answer, as i really don't think you're going to do it anyways.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        kevin, weren't you going to hand thread the pipe

we all know that factory nipple threads will always make good joints. it's the field threads that never match the factory threads.

unless you own a 1210 oiless threader

just putting it into a real world scenario.

rick.

Um...you said the example did not meet your scrutiny because you have the threader that does it all and it was not field thread. Manufacturer thread is 10X better.

I never said I would not put up a pic of field thread. I said the opposite just to prove it. I also said the proof would be in pic and can do tomorrow. It will take some time to make the assembly as I am not up to show time performance.

I will not attempt the 58 sec I did claim until I heal. At which time without practice we will see what happens. You called me out and I am calling you out. Don't ever tell me I can't!!!...because I will just to wake you up.

I like a challenge. I'm not really sure you present one but don't back out now. You got your foot in too far.

Why would you so directly accuse me of being from another site? I have seen you do this with others. In only a month! Is that just your catch all phrase when you got nothing else to say?

Not trying to give you a hard time...just learning the ropes. You made your challenges.

Comment

the 6 years of being on this forum, it's pretty easy to weed out the ones that come in to disrupt. you tried to force a point to us all and it was going nowhere but to disrupt the forum.

others have come on hot and heavy. guess what, they're gone. look up sylvan and bestline to name a couple.

seeing you have not put down the computer in the month you've been here, you either like the forum or are here to disrupt it.

lets hope you like it

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick if I didn't like it and didn't stand behind my work...why would I put my real full name to it? I am not one of those guys.

I did present myself wrong and have said I am sorry. I will even say sorry to you for being personal, not that I expect you to be man enough to do the same. That does not change my view on the topic. You made some big assumptions about the wrong person.

Nor does it change my will to kick you arse head to head...even if YouTube will have to do.
            Last edited by Kevin Jones; 07-01-2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Could someone explain what the point of threading in 66 seconds would be? Oh yes... we don't plumb for quality anymore. It's all about speed now. Really guys, what does 66 seconds prove? It's not something you would ever do in the real world.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Could someone explain what the point of threading in 66 seconds would be? Oh yes... we don't plumb for quality anymore. It's all about speed now. Really guys, what does 66 seconds prove? It's not something you would ever do in the real world.
                It was a competition which had little to do with the real world plumbing but was a lot of fun to watch. You had to cut the pipe, thread the pipe and hand tighten a fitting on to the pipe. It was interesting to watch the strategies including saving on cutting oil.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thank God it isn't part of real world plumbing, I did it in 85 secs and I was so worn out after it was all done. It turns out that I was the oldest competitor there at 57. I competed in all the events, I didn't win anything but I put up some pretty good times, and had a great time doing it. I'm sure Mark would have been competing had it not been for the surgery he had just before the Roundup. I'm ready for the next Roundup, Ridgid showed us all a good time.
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

think of it as the lumberjack competition. where they have to saw a log in half or chop a log in half.

fortunately it was 1'' pipe and not 2'' as i'm not sure if any of us would have wanted to race.

the threading contest was probably the funniest to watch as there were some that squirted the peanut gallery with cutting oil.

there should be some video up on the forum or you tube of either the 1st or 2nd roundup contest.

yes, it's not real world plumbing, but when it comes to a competition, we drop the gloves and get busy

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      It was a competition which had little to do with the real world plumbing but was a lot of fun to watch. You had to cut the pipe, thread the pipe and hand tighten a fitting on to the pipe. It was interesting to watch the strategies including saving on cutting oil.

Mark
                      Anyone that did not use cutting oil cheated and should be disqualified. It is not "strategy" at all. It's just cheating.

Had no idea anyone even attempted this.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Anyone that did not use cutting oil cheated and should be disqualified. It is not "strategy" at all. It's just cheating.

Had no idea anyone even attempted this.

J.C.
                        Perhaps they were just lazy with their oil but the results were the same. It took a lot longer to thread and the threads looked horrible.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Perhaps they were just lazy with their oil but the results were the same. It took a lot longer to thread and the threads looked horrible.

Mark
                          Scores should be thrown out.

J.C.

Comment

Never in MA. By code you can only use blk pipe or that track piping wich I am not a fan of. Even if the line runs outside you have to use black piping and black mallable fittings. In Ma if it does run outside it has to be painted.

Comment

Mass. banned csst for a short time but naturally the manufacturers were able to buy off the board and sleeze their way back in.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                                Scores should be thrown out.

J.C.
                                Keep in mind, during the Competition Ridgid is also hosting their employee appreciation day. They had a giant BBQ out on the school house lawn and everyone is welcome to compete. I'm sure to many it is the first time they had ever used a threader.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X