Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locating underground flexible poly pipe.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locating underground flexible poly pipe.

I've got inch and a half flex poly line running around our water garden...about 50 feet. Somehow it developed a clog or collapsed. No amount of snaking will open it up. I want to fix it without tearing apart the entire garden which has some 5 year old trees now growing by it. Seems like the best plan is to dig down where the stoppage is and cut out the bad pipe. At least if I was there I'd have a better chance of using a SeeSnake to find the problem. However, I've dug some 2 foot deep holes across where I thought it might go, and haven't hit it yet.

It would be great if I could run a locater in the pipe and map it's path.

Anyone know what kind of equipment I'd need? Can it be rented? Are there local plumbers with this equipment that can do it?

Re: Locating underground flexible poly pipe.

Would an electric dog fence work?
    You connect the transmitter and send the wire into the pipe and use the dog collar to locate the wire?
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
      You connect the transmitter and send the wire into the pipe and use the dog collar to locate the wire?
      Great idea. Wonder what the accuracy would be?

Comment

make sure to put up the video while wearing the collar. that trick will probably work if it doesn't kill you first

if an electrical fish tape can be pushed up into the line, then you can trace it.

if you run a seesnake micro drain into it, then you can see the problem and pinpoint the location.

there are more and more plumbers and drain cleaners that have seesnakes now than 15 years ago. should be someone on the forum that is close enough to help or recommend someone.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
          Never heard of that,Great idea!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

insert metal cable or fish tape and send signal into cable this can be located . have done this and works good .

Comment

Working...
            X