X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions about Washlets welcome.

Should one go with Toto: http://www.homeperfect.com/Washlets/...FQ8bawodEyiqJQ

Or less expensive Coco: http://www.decorplanet.com/ProductDe...8_a_7cCOCO6235

Or other?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Robert Gift; 06-01-2010, 02:50 PM.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: Your opinions about Washlets welcome.

Awesome! No negatives
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Your opinions about Washlets (toilet seat bidets) welcome.

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
      Should one go with Toto: http://www.homeperfect.com/Washlets/...FQ8bawodEyiqJQ

Or less expensive Coco: http://www.decorplanet.com/ProductDe...8_a_7cCOCO6235

Or other?

Thank you.
      Robert why would you ask on a plumbing site, this one in particular? As far as I know there are only 4 plumbers.........thats right 4 plumbers that I know of on this site that use toilet seat bidets. When you get one you will be way more of an expert then almost all the plumbers on here. Actually because you have searched for them you most likely know way more than all the plumbers on here. sad but true!

My opinion. You will be happy with either one. The TOTO 300 is a little harsh. the toto 200 is awesome. The Coco cleans a little better than the toto 200 in my opinion.

Comment

Re: Your opinions about Washlets (toilet seat bidets) welcome.

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
        ... thats right 4 plumbers that I know of on this site that use toilet seat bidets. When you get one you will be way more of an expert then almost all the plumbers on here. Actually because you have searched for them you most likely know way more than all the plumbers on here. sad but true!

My opinion. You will be happy with either one. The TOTO 300 is a little harsh. the toto 200 is awesome. The Coco cleans a little better than the toto 200 in my opinion.
        I ain't goin' to use no bidet.
        What kind of prevert do you think I am?
        It's for my wife. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

http://bidettoiletseatreviews.com/ evaluates washlets.
        Otherwise I could never know.
        Youqing is considering buying one when she returns to China.
        Will be fun getting that through customs.
        Wonder if it could be made to work on 120 V 60Hz. China is 220 50 Hz.
        (Imagine the electrical inspector's reaction finding I ran 220 to a bathroom.)

Comment

That was a good site. He is 100% wrong about the portable bidets, They do not work I have 20 or 40 that we won't sell because they are pure junk. I won't sell what won't work. other than that the old boy is right on the money. I did forget about the on demand heater like in the toto300 and the DIB I believe. yes I have used the Dib. They will dim the lights in the bathroom if your not set up for big wattage. Something to remember

Comment

I'm installing my first Toto washlet on Thursday. I'll report how it acts, how cooperative it is to install, and if it makes the homeowner happy.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
              I'm installing my first Toto washlet on Thursday. I'll report how it acts, how cooperative it is to install, and if it makes the homeowner happy.
              It will make the home owner happy, They always do. They are made so handymen and homeowners can install them so you shouldn't have any trouble. Why don't you install something so great for your family. Then you could give a critque thats worth something . Remember I said Great but until you use one in your house for your family you will have no idea what I'm talking about. I say it is the best plumbing product plumbers wives won't let them have.

Comment

I put one of them in a few years back
                Every thing went together good
                LOL ...home owner got a good shower during the test phase
                he was holding a piece of saran wrap over the top of it but it still caught him by surprise i still get a laugh out of it
                Never had to go back to it for any problem

Comment

with the proper technique, you could still wash and get a drink

the on demand heater is fully adjustable and i keep ours low since the temperature is fine. maybe during winter i'll turn up the temp and the seat heater.

joey is very pleased that i put it in.

i'm happy i can multi task

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    with the proper technique, you could still wash and get a drink
                    i'm happy i can multi task rick.
                    Chessie, my beloved Chesapeake Bay Retreiver used my Kohler Bidet as a fresh water font! I let the water trickle in very slowly and she would drink the water down before it got to the overflow.

Building electrical inspector says I could obtain the 120 VAC for the washlet from the bathroom sink GFCIed circuit.
                    Says an electrical permit for the single $5 outlet I would install is $100!

Comment

Actually, I put several in back in the '90s when these first became all the rage. I had a certain group of customer who all wanted it. They provided the unit. I don't remember the brand. . They weren't heated. I did have to connect power for the vent fan and the retractable nozzle. I remember at the time that I was pretty leery about sitting on 120 volts!

Never had a call-back that I can recall on those, so they must have worked.

Comment

Working...
                      X