X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3000 power washer

Any suggestions on cleaning solutions for vinyl siding. Will the 3000 accept homemade solutions like simple green or a bleach solution?? The directions say that homemade solutions may damage the pump. Comments or suggestions will be appreciated

Re: 3000 power washer

I use a "homemade" solution in my PW and have never had issues. Most pressure washers have downstream injection, meaning the solution is drawn in during low pressure situations and any detergent/solution really never goes through the moving parts of the pump. BUT if you do this be sure to run plenty of fresh water through the pump, pressure hose, detergent hose, gun/wand, etc. After using the PW for the day simply drop the siphon hose into a gallon of fresh water and run at low pressure until all the water is used up.

Now if you use bleach, etc. and don't rinse all parts well corrosion may occur over time.

I have found the following solution to be great all-around for home cleaning... siding, sidewalks, etc. Will remove mold, mildew, etc. and won't strip the finish on wood.

I mix 1 pint of Simple Green with 1 pint of Clorox Outdoor bleach and add this to 3/4 gallon of water. The bleach helps get rid of the mold, mildew, etc. and the Simple Green helps the sudsing action to keep the the solution clinging to surfaces longer. Also helps to minimize the smell of bleach as well. Foam on, let sit 3-4 mins. and rinse down. Just don't let it dry on the surface being cleaned.

Do remember that it is the cleaning agent that does most of the work and not necessarily more pressure. Especially on vinyl siding. Later!

Comment

RIDGID SUCKS. have a 3000 preasure washer and the pump broke within one year and they wont warranty it.. peice of junk... I'll never buy another Ridgid product.

RIDGID SUCKS. have a 3000 preasure washer and the pump broke within one year and they wont warranty it.. peice of junk... I'll never buy another Ridgid product.

Last edited by ToUtahNow; 06-17-2010, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Re: Ridgid sucks

programmer posting in the wrong section = guy who broke PW and wants free one
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

too bad post in the right section and don't double post because you didn't put in oil.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I'm betting he froze it

Comment

I'm betting he froze it

Comment

Mike you are giving us very little information in order to help you.
                Perhaps you could explain further.
                IE: Whats wrong with the pump, who did you contact for warranty info. etc...

Assuming you purchased this unit in Maine you may want to look into Maines implied warranty laws.
                If you'd like more info, I and many others here would be willing to help but come on man, you'll attract more bees with honey.......
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Assuming you purchased this unit in Maine you may want to look into Maines implied warranty laws.
                  If you'd like more info, I and many others here would be willing to help but come on man, you'll attract more bees with honey.......
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Comment

Comment

Mike we see people come on here just like you and will never use a ridgid tool again and then they tell us more info about what happened and it ends up that its your fault or your talking to the wrong people about the warranty

so dont give up yet
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

mike you wont get help this way
                          i will take the PW off your hands id it does not work ,i go to Maine every month so i will look at it and give you a $1 or $2 for it or more
                          Charlie

new work pictures 12/09

Comment

thanks Mark
                            Charlie

new work pictures 12/09

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                              mike you wont get help this way
                              i will take the PW off your hands id it does not work ,i go to Maine every month so i will look at it and give you a $1 or $2 for it or more
                              Hey now!!!! I never thought of that Hawk...
                              Mike, I'll tell you what, You give me $5 and I'll haul it to the dump for you.
                              Thats a pretty good deal for you as I'm sure you know the Augusta dump charges by the pound.

Comment

Working...
                              X